I think obama will impose "MARTIAL LAW" & won't let us have an election

demotivational-poster-a7hphqbr2b-OVERLY-DRAMATIC-BEAR1.jpg

N8RV

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 8, 2012
    Peoria
    I only count the votes that mean something. 365to173 in 2008 and 332to206 in 2012. Yeah, I call that a landslide.

But if you only count "the votes that mean something," then you'd have to eliminate the duplicate votes, the illegal votes, the votes of the deceased ... then then Obama loses. :laugh:

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Two other things he did. He won both elections by overwhelming landslides.

The electorial college votes do not reflect the same ratios as the actual vote. If he won by one vote in a district, 100% of the electorial vote of that district went to him. I do not have the documents in front of me, but I think the last election was only about 23% of the actual elgible voters of this country wanted barry in the White House.

The sad part is that both elections, enough eligible voters sat out in protest to have elected a third party cadidate by a real landslide, both popular and electrorial. If everyone that was eligible voted we could have made our favorite INGO moderator the President.

paddywonka

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2009
    For a fellow who won the Nobel Peace prize, he sure does want some young men to see action. Wonder if he will have to give it up to Vladimir Putin?

Streak

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2013
    The electorial college votes do not reflect the same ratios as the actual vote. If he won by one vote in a district, 100% of the electorial vote of that district went to him. I do not have the documents in front of me, but I think the last election was only about 23% of the actual elgible voters of this country wanted barry in the White House.

The sad part is that both elections, enough eligible voters sat out in protest to have elected a third party cadidate by a real landslide, both popular and electrorial. If everyone that was eligible voted we could have made our favorite INGO moderator the President.

He won the popular vote too. It wasn't by a large margin at all, but that's the vote with "all of the Americans". Many of us who voted for Obama did so to prevent someone else we didn't want at all running the country, Romney, from taking office. I have my reasons for not liking the man and I've explained them by and large before in another thread -- you're welcome to read through the umpteen million pages, but I won't get drawn into another threat laced debate (just saying that upfront).

I hope to see something new this election. Truly I'm tired of the 2 party system and it's causing such stagnation that this country is suffering from it.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN

Thats correct on all counts. Barry took 51% popular to Roms 47%.....or 26 states went for Barry and 24 went with Rom. Stiil as almost always about 50% of voters didn't vote, most likely the next election 50% will not vote again. But I don't think its all protest, I protested and voted 3rd party. I think most of it is apathy.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    Let's be fair, folks, he's probably not the FIRST President to violate the War Powers Act. Seems to me Bill Clinton did that in Bosnia (we'll only be there six months; I promise); Reagan may have violated the Act as well. Of course, Obama has done so particularly arrogantly and ineffectively, so I suppose that's a sort-of accomplishment in itself.

Top Bottom