• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FKIM01

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2013
    United States
    We feed outside cats and I've unfortunately caught many varieties in live traps...raccoons, possums, feral cats and even skunks. Everyone apparently loves Special Kitty Dry...thank God it's cheap. We take the cat's bowl in at night and leave a small bowl in the live trap. Most of our cats learned after being trapped once. One really dumb one was trapped three times before figuring it out. My dispatch method involves a shovel and a hole in my field. I don't want any of these pests coming back.

...and I'd quit feeding the cats, but they do provide some rodent control benefits. The trick is to not overfeed them so they get fat and lazy.:)

Last edited:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    We feed outside cats and I've unfortunately caught many varieties in live traps...raccoons, possums, feral cats and even skunks. Everyone apparently loves Special Kitty Dry...thank God it's cheap. We take the cat's bowl in at night and leave a small bowl in the live trap. Most of our cats learned after being trapped once. One really dumb one was trapped three times before figuring it out. My dispatch method involves a shovel and a hole in my field. I don't want any of these pests coming back.

...and I'd quit feeding the cats, but they do provide some rodent control benefits. The trick is to not overfeed them so they get fat abnd lazy.:)

Cantaloupe hung from the top of the trap catches the coons and doesn't interest the cats.

Top Bottom