• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I was speaking purely in the realm of penetration. If you want something that is good at shooting through car parts, .45 wouldn't be my first choice...just saying. Against people, GTG.

It seems to do pretty well through the glass. I think the heavier bullet retains momentum and the bulkier/slower projectile resists fragmenting. Bonded ammunition in smaller calibers certainly helps. Through sheet metal, yeah, it sucks. I've seen a few of them, and the .40, penetrate the car door and barely have enough oomph left to break the skin. Some have bounced off the center console, leaving a little dent and then looking sad and lonely in the floorboard.

It would be interesting if more of the thugs used revolvers so I could get a decent sample size for .357 and .44, but noooo, they all want to carry semi-autos and don't care about science!

armedindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    where is the mention of the police's and courts sexism.....there is a massive disparity between the number of men being killed, and incarcerated in this nation vs women.............maybe we should be more lenient on the domestic violence calls, and rape accusations...I mean, there is clearly something wrong when there are like 5 times as many men in prison than women:n00b:

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    where is the mention of the police's and courts sexism.....there is a massive disparity between the number of men being killed, and incarcerated in this nation vs women.............maybe we should be more lenient on the domestic violence calls, and rape accusations...I mean, there is clearly something wrong when there are like 5 times as many men in prison than women:n00b:

Dude, we all know men are dumber, this stat just backs that up.

Women are smarter and more calculating. They'll poison you or have someone else take you out.

Purple? Probably not.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    Why oh why did I click on the link in the OP?

[h=1]Armed robbery leads to 1 dead in shooting involving police[/h][h=2]Victim died of self-inflicted gunshot[/h]

If you intentionally shoot yourself, how are you a "victim"? If Henderson was white, is this white on white violence or vice versa? Are they lobotomizing reporters these days?

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    It seems to do pretty well through the glass. I think the heavier bullet retains momentum and the bulkier/slower projectile resists fragmenting. Bonded ammunition in smaller calibers certainly helps. Through sheet metal, yeah, it sucks. I've seen a few of them, and the .40, penetrate the car door and barely have enough oomph left to break the skin. Some have bounced off the center console, leaving a little dent and then looking sad and lonely in the floorboard.

It would be interesting if more of the thugs used revolvers so I could get a decent sample size for .357 and .44, but noooo, they all want to carry semi-autos and don't care about science!

The flat side of a semi is much more comfortable when jammed in your waistband pointed at your dick or buttcrack. Revolvers have all those bulges and not enough flat surface for your drawstring to maintain purchase on. If you keep the cylinder above the drawstring, they are too top heavy and may flip outward, giving you an ice cold barrel goose of the taint on the way out.

I'm surprised you hadn't thought this through!.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    The flat side of a semi is much more comfortable when jammed in your waistband pointed at your dick or buttcrack. Revolvers have all those bulges and not enough flat surface for your drawstring to maintain purchase on. If you keep the cylinder above the drawstring, they are too top heavy and may flip outward, giving you an ice cold barrel goose of the taint on the way out.

I'm surprised you hadn't thought this through!.

Yeah...but...science.

Top Bottom