• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    I'm surprised that noone has written the retarded "tin-foil conspiracy!" post. Move along. There's nothing to see here. It's all under control. Our government will take care of us, and if you think differently, than you're just crazy. :n00b:

they already did all that before when people like me said radiation WOULD reach the U.S. and all their so called experts said no it wont. (which I cant take the credit for saying all that, because I had some people feeding me some intel) so now all the people that said "no radiation will make it here" are now trying to down play the radiation that IS HERE. so instead of trying to help innocent people, theres some that are still trying to save their own ego's instead. also, dont put too much value in govt experts or those who make the monotoring equiptment for the govt. remember most are paid lowest bid contractors of the govt, and dont wanna look bad or say anything the govt wouldnt want out. nor would they wanna admit they cant properly do the job. you wouldnt go up to your employers customer and say hey, our product sucks and you shouldnt buy it. no way. you would lose your job. same stuff going on here.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    they already did all that before when people like me said radiation WOULD reach the U.S. and all their so called experts said no it wont. (which I cant take the credit for saying all that, because I had some people feeding me some intel) so now all the people that said "no radiation will make it here" are now trying to down play the radiation that IS HERE. so instead of trying to help innocent people, theres some that are still trying to save their own ego's instead. also, dont put too much value in govt experts or those who make the monotoring equiptment for the govt. remember most are paid lowest bid contractors of the govt, and dont wanna look bad or say anything the govt wouldnt want out. nor would they wanna admit they cant properly do the job. you wouldnt go up to your employers customer and say hey, our product sucks and you shouldnt buy it. no way. you would lose your job. same stuff going on here.

Speed kills man.

I, for one, never claimed radioactive isotopes would not reach the US. I followed Chernobyl when it happened and watched how it spread across the globe. What I've said all along is that there is not yet any reason to panic, and there certainly isn't any reason to freak out about it. There are ways you can mitigate radiation exposure in your daily life from normal sources that over your lifetime will give you far greater dosages.

I got my start in survivalism in the last vestiges of the Cold War and my biggest fear at age 11 was nuclear war. So I studied it extensively, learned as much as I could about nuclear physics, biomedical effects of different forms of radiation, and a host of other associated survival skills. As I've gotten older and lived through "major disasters," I've come to feel that the biggest survivalism trait is learning to sort out the "sky is falling" from the real and direct threats.

In this case though, unlike an epidemic type emergency, you yourself, for a few hundred dollars worth of equipment, can verify for yourself just how much exposure you are getting and how much that might have increased. And you can compare it yourself with how much radiation comes from typical sources that you might encounter in your life. The great thing about it is that you don't have to trust the government to tell you what's going on at all. You don't have to rely on "secret personal intel" to give you the "real scoop."

Now, if you just want an additional reason to scream about how the government is out to get you, by all means, go to town. I don't trust the government or the media any more than most folks here, but I'm also not going to push the alarm button every time some pundit tells me there's an emergency when *I* don't see a real emergency. So yeah, I'll occasionally poke fun at the chicken littles. It's just as much their fault that the public either doesn't pay any attention when there is a real emergency, or the public overreacts and the panic causes far more damage than the actual emergency. I have a hard time taking seriously anyone who can't point to hard data but wants me to "trust" them, be they you, or the government.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Hondolane
    Top Bottom