• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • .40caltrucker

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    They say he had blanks in the gun, we'll have to wait and see if that's true or not. He got what he wanted, and that was to die.

Last edited:

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    Blanks my axx, there were two holes in the wall behind the board member and he shot himself in the head right after, those were all real bullets, looks like security had some crap shots at him but they could have been on the move or from behind cover.

That video is insane, the women is fully retarded, besides that everyone really kept their calm and did a great job!

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    They say he had blanks in the gun,

Nope. Real.
    Here's a different angel and a few different views:

CNN Airs Florida School Board Shootout | Video | Mediaite

Also, at 4:19 in the video, after a previous shot his finger was still on that trigger and I think it surprised him that he fired again. I'm pretty sure it looks like that guy never fired a gun before (or "much" anyhow)... thank goodness.

As for the woman, if she'd been successful and the other people joined in to subdue him, she'd be called a "hero" instead of a "retard".
    I would hope if I was ever in an unarmed situation in a school or whatnot, and someone came in with a gun,...someone else with the capability to get the jump on them would TRY it.

Greatestsin

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    Morgan Township, NWI
    That video is insane, the women is fully retarded,

Why is she fully retarded? Someone taking the initiative(however well or bad it turned out) to protect others even though she'd already been given a free pass to get out of dodge is not 'retarded'. I'd consider it honorable. Had she actually been able to get the gun from him, you'd have called her a hero instead. The outcome of the situation doesn't change the fact that she risked her life after having been let free to try and save the others.

I'm just not seeing when that became 'retarded'?

.40caltrucker

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    I found a different news story that confirmed he wasn't using blanks. Everyone is just lucky he was only accurate with 1 bullet.

OWGEM

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 9, 2010
    Columbus, IN
    Why is she fully retarded? Someone taking the initiative(however well or bad it turned out) to protect others even though she'd already been given a free pass to get out of dodge is not 'retarded'. I'd consider it honorable. Had she actually been able to get the gun from him, you'd have called her a hero instead. The outcome of the situation doesn't change the fact that she risked her life after having been let free to try and save the others.

I'm just not seeing when that became 'retarded'?

^^^ What he said!

Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    I hadn't seen this until the morning news shows decided to discuss it for several minutes this morning. Tragic that this guy thought this was the answer.

I don't believe that the woman who came back and attempted to disarm him with her purse was smart. Her heart may have been in the right place, but her choice of weapon (not to mention her angle and timing of attack) were not very good. I don't think she thought through what would happen if she missed, and clearly didn't think that he'd still be armed and able to shoot her if he wanted to until after she acted. She was very lucky he didn't shoot her.

Unfortunately, I'm going to hypothesize and say that this was a "gun free zone" where this meeting took place. Of course, to those of us who carry for defense realize that this guy didn't care about that rule/law. The no gun rule/crime was the last thing on his mind. I wonder if this is going to cause people to believe that there should be a clamp-down instead of a ramp-up of defensive carry. No one in that room was able to return fire until the security came in.

I'm glad they attempted to talk the guy down, but even this morning the people he shot at were saying that it didn't matter, he wanted to die, they could see it in his eyes as they tried to negotiate with him.

I'm not trying to Monday morning quarterback, or give a "if I was there" keyboard warrior hero statement, but I'm sure I'm not the only one who thought that woman should have been someone coming back in to put two rounds in the back of his skull, or smacking him with a fire extinguisher or an asp instead of a purse.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    They say he had blanks in the gun, we'll have to wait and see if that's true or not. He got what he wanted, and that was to die.

They say he killed himself :shrug:

Nope. Real.

You're all right and wrong... kind of... I think...

I didn't watch the video, but according to the article he used a combination of blanks and real loads. So yes, he used blanks, but no, he did not use all blanks.

That is all based on the assumption that the article in the op accurately reported that fact.

.40caltrucker

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    You're all right and wrong... kind of... I think...

I didn't watch the video, but according to the article he used a combination of blanks and real loads. So yes, he used blanks, but no, he did not use all blanks.

That is all based on the assumption that the article in the op accurately reported that fact.

The superintendent said he believes the gunman used a combination of live bullets and blanks. But police said live bullets were used.

I've watched every video I can find on this. Those "bullet holes" in the wall were there before he ever fired a shot. There is a black spot that appears on the floor after the 2nd shot.

vthokie

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 14, 2010
    Lets just be thankful that no one other than the one with the gun was killed or injured. I am not not saying he deserved it because it pretty obvious he has some serious mental issues but in the end he was the one that pulled the trigger.

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 29, 2009
    the kitchen
    Lady with purse has more stones than most folks. Foolish choice of weapon & tactics and lack of brute strength to pull it off, but definately wanted to end this and should be commended.

We'll hear rhetoric about disarming people by the anti-gun crowd and we'll hear rhetoric about how if all the other law abiding folks in the room were armed this would have ended quickly and justly, but what I really want to know is how this guy aquired his gun and was it by legal means. Seems that news never gets reported.

Hornett

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Bedford, Indiana
    On the video I watched it was pretty clear (to me) that the deputies shot him form somewhere offscreen.

Also, I don't think that blanks will reliably cycle a semiauto handgun.

Comp

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2009
    T H I N
    That lady with the handbag had balls. Too bad she was not better equipped. Why did he spray paint the wall. What is the point of a double circle with a V in it. Does it symbolize anything?

Last edited:
    Top Bottom