• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fourtrax

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2011
    Certainly better than most of the other republicans out there so far. Going to be interesting to see how this all falls out over the next year.
    ]

let me explain...........

Jeb will get the nomination and Rubio or Cruz will be the pick for VP.

I don't like it, but I'm calling it right now.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I hope you are wrong. Bush is the only potential candidate I don't want from the Republicans.

What about the fat ass puss bag? Not that I would want Bush, but I'd still rate him higher than the fat ass puss bag.

Jroe

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 2, 2013
    Greenfield
    You must be referring to Christie... I don't even consider him to be a probable candidate. To be honest I forgot about him completely until I read your post.

Dosproduction

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Porter County
    If bush wins the GOP nomination then hillary will be the next president. It will be a slaughter. The bush name has way to much baggage he would lose worse then mitt did against obama. But I must say the GOP is stupid enough to pick another bush and then wonder why they lost.

D-Ric902

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2008
    If bush wins the GOP nomination then hillary will be the next president. It will be a slaughter. The bush name has way to much baggage he would lose worse then mitt did against obama. But I must say the GOP is stupid enough to pick another bush and then wonder why they lost.

Why is the Bush name baggage but the Clinton name is not?

(not that I'm big on Jeb)

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

Differences in the respective voter base. Lots of democrats think the Clinton years were our salad days and believe Hillary will bring them back --- My theory anyway.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

People don't associate Clinton with economic hard times. They credit him for the good years of the tech bubble but not the bad. Clinton left office just before the tech bubble burst so he missed the blame for it. GWB didn't have that kind of luck. The housing bubble that Clinton helped create burst before GWB left office.

Also blaming Bush for all things bad is in vogue.

Dosproduction

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Porter County
    Agree with Jamil. I hate Clinton with a passion but she does not have the bad connotation that bush does with her base. No new voters would vote bush maybe some old timers and the idiots that vote party line no matter what liberal they nominate in the GOP. But anyone with half a brain will run from bush.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    It hurts my brain to think that anybody credits a sitting president with the tech bubble.

Well, we all know Al Gore was tasked with creating the Internet.

But yeah. Presidents can impede prosperity but they can't actually manufacture it.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    ...Presidents can impede prosperity but they can't actually manufacture it.

Any monopoly of force can selectively bestow conditions favorable to one group at the expense of others, so they do manufacture prosperity in a very limited and unethical sense. We call it political cronyism and it's why so many involve themselves in swaying the means of force to favor their own desires rather than just competing to offer the best product or service that consumers would otherwise be free to choose.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Any monopoly of force can selectively bestow conditions favorable to one group at the expense of others, so they do manufacture prosperity in a very limited and unethical sense. We call it political cronyism and it's why so many involve themselves in swaying the means of force to favor their own desires rather than just competing to offer the best product or service that consumers would otherwise be free to choose.
    Of course I was referring to wide spread prosparity.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    There goes his "Anti-War" rhetoric.........Again...

BTW - In case you didn't know - His party is "Li-ber-ta-ri-an". :rolleyes:

jdmack79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Lawrence County
    What exactly is wrong with that proposal? I'd love to hear your explanation. :popcorn:

The USA is one of only a handful of countries on earth that tax income earned while abroad. Why should the government get my money if I'm not even living here? As someone who's experienced a little bit of expat life, I assure you that this law is terrible. In many countries it's now almost impossible for an American to even get a bank account due to the governments insane reporting requirements. The only reason that I was able to get a bank account in Thailand was due to someone I knew having connections to the bank.

It looks like you're taking every possible opportunity to attack Paul, no matter the reason.

D-Ric902

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2008
    What exactly is wrong with that proposal? I'd love to hear your explanation. :popcorn:

The USA is one of only a handful of countries on earth that tax income earned while abroad. Why should the government get my money if I'm not even living here? As someone who's experienced a little bit of expat life, I assure you that this law is terrible. In many countries it's now almost impossible for an American to even get a bank account due to the governments insane reporting requirements. The only reason that I was able to get a bank account in Thailand was due to someone I knew having connections to the bank.

It looks like you're taking every possible opportunity to attack Paul, no matter the reason.

The idea is that Paul has flaws, just like all the rest of the field.
    some would vote for a Dem candidate because "their guy" didn't win the republican primary.

Paul has changed his positions and adjusted positions to appeal to voters he is trying to target, just like all the others.

Paul is a politician

not a savior

not a libertarian deity

but some pray at the altar of "The Paul" and will write him in just to "prove their point"

that point is usually that he can't win

im not trying to slam Paul, just humanize him. One of the following posts I said that I would vote for him over Hillary

now at least three people will jump and say that I am wrong and they are not lighting candles at that altar.

but they are
    you can tell by how venomous they are at attacking the messenger

Last edited:

D-Ric902

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2008
    As far as the law you reference, I agree.
    if I'm out of the country it should be none of the governments business what I do or make unless I am running to the embassy.

do you think Paul could change that alone as president?

because he can't,
    that's tax law not foreign policy he can only say that he "would" or would support it.

so he will agree with you and blame congress for it and can't change it, but "he's on your side of the issue" isn't he?

that doesn't change anything but could get a vote or two

typical politician....not saying he's a bad guy or a bad candidate. But I don't think he is the be all and end all

Last edited:
    Top Bottom