• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • injb

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 17, 2014
    Indiana
    Or if you want to do it "old school", you can just use the tags, as I've edited his original in this reply to show. :)

Using his table, I'll put in some random numbers below. My edits are in red:
    Total Shots During EncounterShots Prior to ResolutionIntended Victim outcome (w/l)
    VictimCriminalTotalVictimCriminalTotal
    Win

I say we print a huge copy and hang it form the JW Marriott hotel.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?

Heh. Not really. I took what you did and made it visible, no real work on my part.

Truth told, I don't know pivot tables and the like, nor do I have data that would make it useful for me to know them. I would like to learn, but I have a few other things I need to do before I could start on that. What I *can* do is make your excellent suggestion, posting the tables here, easier to visualize... so I did. I did, however, neglect to rep you also, an error I've now rectified.

Thanks to both of you for making this happen!

Blessings,
    Bill

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Maybe I missed it but is the original data gathered from incidents that took place here in Indy or from some other city ?

These are mostly cases I worked in some capacity (lead or assisting), but do include some from detectives I've asked to notify me of instances of citizens fighting back so that I can get information from Sex Crimes, etc. that I don't work....

IIRC, BBI works in Indy. If I'm wrong, I'm sure someone will be along to correct my statement. :)

Blessings,
    Bill

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    Looks very interesting BBI - hope you are able to keep it up.

Imagine if all of the 1 in 8.5 or so adults with LTCH carried every day; or if we doubled that number (so it goes to 1 in 4) ... :) ... will read more. - Later. Thanks!

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    I was curious and inquired with BBI about ammo usage by perps. Hopefully he doesn't mind my sharing.

Almost all thugs use ball ammo. It would appear that rarely, they may use SD ammo, when it was already in a gun which was stolen.

I found that interesting. Not surprising though.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I was curious and inquired with BBI about ammo usage by perps. Hopefully he doesn't mind my sharing.

Almost all thugs use ball ammo. It would appear that rarely, they may use SD ammo, when it was already in a gun which was stolen.

I found that interesting. Not surprising though.

Thugs are basically tight @$$es when it comes to job essentials.
    Hang in the pawn shop or the LGS up in the hood and you will be amazed at how freaking tight they are. If it can not be stolen and has to be purchased they are the worst.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    I hadn't put any thought into disguising my draw. I need to do some research and rethink a few things, thanks.
    This is what I am dealing with now. I spent the last year and a half or so converting to AIWB. I even sold a good IWB holster that I carried at 0300.

Now I either have to go back to that carry mode or figure out how to disguise my draw from AIWB.

Maybe if I said I keep my cash with my junk?

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    This is what I am dealing with now. I spent the last year and a half or so converting to AIWB. I even sold a good IWB holster that I carried at 0300.

Now I either have to go back to that carry mode or figure out how to disguise my draw from AIWB.

Maybe if I said I keep my cash with my junk?

....or carry a 2nd gun. I'm an enabler. :D

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    ....or carry a 2nd gun. I'm an enabler. :D

Have no weak side control unless I am just contact shooting. Carry AIWB for speed and comfort, until some cop dude started talking about disguised draws.

Don't see much good in carrying AIWB and 0300 IWB. Now I need to either lose weight (yeah right) or buy bigger pants.

I usually carry a snub on my ankle, but not for speedy draws.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Have no weak side control unless I am just contact shooting. Carry AIWB for speed and comfort, until some cop dude started talking about disguised draws.

Don't see much good in carrying AIWB and 0300 IWB. Now I need to either lose weight (yeah right) or buy bigger pants.

I usually carry a snub on my ankle, but not for speedy draws.

Yeah, ankle carry is not fast. I carry there primarily for while seated. I suppose a 3rd gun could be pocket carried, but then you're approaching Rhino territory...minus the self inflicted cuts.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    Plus there is the extra brain power involved with which one to go for in which situation.

Here is a serious question tho...

*Maybe this is better suited for a different thread, if so tell me and I will shut up in here about it.

With AIWB you have faster draws and for me better retention in the holster if someone gets grabby. You also potentially have a smoother draw if someone is on top of you or has you pressed against a wall, vehicle or such. I can hide my firearm a little more with this carry as well, even with the food blister.

0300-0400 carry has better concealed or distracted draws. I didn't have a comfort issue when I carried this way, but I could only retain the firearm with my strong hand and again, my weak side is beyond hope for anything much beyond a ***** slap.

Do you have any local information showing anyone carrying AIWB in any of your shoots?

I know that a lot of the people over at pf are die hard AIWB believers. Just trying to get more data to help me decide on what and where. I do not like changing things like carry mode, handgun platforms and the like because then I have to re-teach myself to be comfortable with draw and use.

Sorry for the thread jack if this is what I just did.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Plus there is the extra brain power involved with which one to go for in which situation.

Here is a serious question tho...

*Maybe this is better suited for a different thread, if so tell me and I will shut up in here about it.

With AIWB you have faster draws and for me better retention in the holster if someone gets grabby. You also potentially have a smoother draw if someone is on top of you or has you pressed against a wall, vehicle or such. I can hide my firearm a little more with this carry as well, even with the food blister.

0300-0400 carry has better concealed or distracted draws. I didn't have a comfort issue when I carried this way, but I could only retain the firearm with my strong hand and again, my weak side is beyond hope for anything much beyond a ***** slap.

Do you have any local information showing anyone carrying AIWB in any of your shoots?

I know that a lot of the people over at pf are die hard AIWB believers. Just trying to get more data to help me decide on what and where. I do not like changing things like carry mode, handgun platforms and the like because then I have to re-teach myself to be comfortable with draw and use.

Sorry for the thread jack if this is what I just did.

Probably better on its own thread.

Jackson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2008
    West side of Indy
    How do the incidents with no shots fired overlap with the contact distance encounters? Can you tell us anything about what those looked like and where to focus contact distance work based on what you're seeing? General H2H, Weapon Access, retention, attempting to disarm the attacker, something more basic? Any idea what the typical duration of a contact distance fight is?

Top Bottom