• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tac45

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2012
    SS
    With both of our little ones in preschool this year, my girlfriend and I actually have a few hours to ourselves (when I'm not at work).
    Today we went over to Highsmith Guns in Greenfield and checked out a few different handguns.
    I'll start by saying that I shot a SA Range Officer in .45 and it is absolutely astounding (except for the black on black sights...on a black target lol).
    I WILL have a 1911 before the month is up.

She shot a few different things in 9mm...starting with the LC9. She hated the LOOOOOONG DA pull of the trigger, and honestly I did too.
    Then she shot the XDS 9mm and it was a little better. She ended up shooting the rest of the time on an SR9 which she has shot in the past and is fairly comfortable with.

On our way out I asked if they had an LC9S in stock so she could see it, and they did. That gun is night and day from the regular LC9. Amazing trigger, light pull..super super crisp break. I think she's in love. The only problem is, I don't see any chance of finding one as a range gun any time soon since they are so new.

That being said, I'm gonna offer up 30 minutes of free range time off my card if someone in the Hancock/East Indy area would be willing to meet us there, and let her and I shoot maybe 50rds through your LC9S. I think after shooting the LC9 she is hesitant to jump right into the LC9S without firing one first.

We wouldn't be buying one for about a month or so anyways, but if someone would help us out with that, it would be much appreciated.

She took all the pics with her phone, so I'll post some more later...but here is my target from the RO .45.

This was Federal Ball 230gn I believe. Target @ 10 yards...I had a flier or two, but this is 21rds...with the black sights on a black target :/
    1911target.jpg

k1500

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2013
    West Lafayette
    I just took the leap and bought the LC9s (already have the LC9.). I shot them side by side. After being used to the long trigger, I was amazed with the striker gun. I will be postin my LC9 for sale as soon as i clean it. There is a major difference in the slide operation. On the s when the slide locks back, the slide lock is NOT a slide release. You have to pull back the slide a bit to release it. I didn't know this when using snap caps and was pressing that lever with all my might but the slide would not move. Then I read the manual. I won't be around Indy any time in the near future though with any free time til maybe November. I recommend buying it.

Top Bottom