• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GoDawgs

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    NWI
    A taste of the link: “Just to set the record straight: Navy SEALs are allowed to talk to their families. Ninety percent of them do not die during training. And members of SEAL Team Six did not have to fight and kill a tiger shark in order to be admitted.” :laugh:
    Rate Of Uninformed Conversations About Navy SEALs Skyrockets | The Onion - America's Finest News Source

For those of you who are not familiar, The Onion is a satire newspaper/news site. This article made me think about some of the comments I've seen on INGO recently :D .

*mods, feel free to move if you think this should go somewhere else

badwolf.usmc

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2011
    2 hourse SE of Chicago
    Morrell added that current enlistment numbers couldn’t possibly account for the number of Americans claiming they have an uncle in the Navy SEALs

lol, talking to people who either served or know someone in the military you would think half the military is special forces.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    There are definitely a lot of people telling tall tales about their service and exaggerating about how hard SEAL training is. I thought it was pretty hard until I transferred to Delta Force. I thought Delta was hard until I got assigned to the SAS. But my time in the Mossad made all those look easy.

By comparison my time in the French Foreign Legion seems like a picnic.

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    Heh. Everyone I meet that was in Navy was a SEAL. All the former Marines I've met were Recon or Scout Snipers. All the old Army dogs were Rangers or Green Berets.

No one was ever admin or Motor-T.

badwolf.usmc

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2011
    2 hourse SE of Chicago
    There are definitely a lot of people telling tall tales about their service and exaggerating about how hard SEAL training is. I thought it was pretty hard until I transferred to Delta Force. I thought Delta was hard until I got assigned to the SAS. But my time in the Mossad made all those look easy.

By comparison my time in the French Foreign Legion seems like a picnic.

No Marines Recon or Rangers?

Pansy

RelicHound

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    SW IN
    "current enlistment numbers couldn’t possibly account for the number of Americans claiming they have an uncle in the Navy SEALs.":laugh::laugh:

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    Heh. Everyone I meet that was in Navy was a SEAL. All the former Marines I've met were Recon or Scout Snipers. All the old Army dogs were Rangers or Green Berets.

When I was in the 82nd Airborne (that's actually true) there was a guy who sang a cadence that used to make us fall out laughing. He'd pull it out on long runs and keep us going. I can't remember it now, but it had a lot of verses and was freaking hilarious, or maybe we were just oxygen-deprived when he sang it. If anyone knows the words, I'd love to have them. I only remember the beginning:

I don't wanna be an airborne Ranger,
    I wanna be the company clerk,

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    No Marines Recon or Rangers?

Pansy

hey dont put those 2 in the same category please. :):

recon Marines chomp at the bit to get a Ranger tab.

I dont think people realize how much regular stuff the special operations community does too. also how much we (past tense) all work together. Rangers, SEALs, Delta, all work together pretty often. Army SF is kinda their own little world but still play with the others some.
    then around 2004 or 2005 the Marines cried enough so they included SELECT Marine units in spec ops as well (no, not all marines are the most elite and secret soldiers they lead you on to believe people :):, they are almost as good as Army Infantry, but they can swim:D.). yeah theres some air force in there too but they were there for a while already. good to have a guy who can talk to them pilots and bring it in close :yesway:

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009

I don't know about the other services, but Marines are all riflemen first. I was stationed at HQMC my last year in the Corps. One of the first Marine units to hit the sand in Operation Desert Shield was HQBn, HQMC. They went over with rifles, not typewriters.

But yeah, I hear what you're saying.

hey dont put those 2 in the same category please. :):

recon Marines chomp at the bit to get a Ranger tab.

You left your ranger hat out and semper fi got it again, didn't she?

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    SELECT Marine units in spec ops as well (no, not all marines are the most elite and secret soldiers they lead you on to believe people :):, they are almost as good as Army Infantry, but they can swim:D.). :yesway:

My unit went through the Amphibious Warfare School in Little Creek, VA, with Marine instructors. We outperformed the average Marine unit.

The Marines march really, really pretty, though. Great dress blue uniform. And their commercials are the best. :D

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    I don't know about the other services, but Marines are all riflemen first. I was stationed at HQMC my last year in the Corps. One of the first Marine units to hit the sand in Operation Desert Shield was HQBn, HQMC. They went over with rifles, not typewriters.

That's why the Corps is more awesome than the Army! :laugh:

<former 0341/8152 here. Though, I should be claiming that I was a Recon Sniper :rofl:

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East

You left your ranger hat out and semper fi got it again, didn't she?
    :xmad::xmad::xmad:

:): shes a Ranger dog

Plinker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    My favorite quote I heard about people claiming to be SEALS:

"Approximately 500 Navy SEALs served in Vietnam, and I've met all 20,000 of them."

Top Bottom