avennati-2.png

MarkC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville
    My skim of the complaint suggests that Geragos had the contacts at Nike and basically brokered the meeting - probably for a cut, if a deal happened. Then when the federales came asking questions, he didn't hold back on anything in exchange for immunity of some sort.*

Seems to me, the key was when the feds prompted the Nike attorneys to confirm that the 2 deals were tied together. If Avenatti had been willing to settle his "client's" case for whatever, then SEPARATELY discuss engagement on the larger problem... I'm not sure there would've been a problem with that.

Well. There's still the moral problem, as opposed to ethical.

* I would be... interested ... if some dirt on Geragos came out, that he'd been dirty like that on other cases. I do tend to think he's sophisticated enough to avoid that kind of stuff, though.

I strongly suspect you're right. Defendant and CC-1 are attention hounds, but Geragos is just slightly smarter, at least when it comes to crossing the line between pressing a harsh deal and outright extortion.

So his bid for the White House he talked about a little while back is probably not going to happen then?

:laugh:

It appears that this is just another manifestation of the narcissism that makes him think that a) he can shake down a YUGE company like Nike, without repercussions and, b) anyone would actually consider him for any elected office, let alone POTUS.

He does seem to be well on the way to making all kinds of new "friends," though.... ;)

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    My prediction: "They are so afraid of me that they're willing to concoct federal charges to shut me up."

And parts of the internet will believe him.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    In other news, Nike appears to be about the same as last close, with market cap of ~$100B.

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    Holy crap this day can't possibly get any better. Seeing a rotten slime covered rodent dropping lawyer going to jail just warms the cockles of my cold cold heart. If he takes other lying slime covered dirtbag lawyers with him...all the mo' bettuh!!!

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Geragos will just get loud and pound on a desk and make it all go away.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    Maybe Stormy can give Avennati the name of her plastic surgeon. A new pair of DD’s on his back will make him popular in prison. After all, he wanted his 15 minutes of fame.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Lots of interesting Geragos clients.

jessee Smollett,
    Kaepernick,
    Barry Bond’s trainer,
    Bill Clinton’s Brother,