• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • worksalot

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    I would like to put my vote in for the russian biathalon basic rifle. I have one and it is spot on. Now the trouble may be in finding one.

KillStick

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Anderson
    If all you are going to do with it is hunt the little critters I would say a savage or ruger 10/22 or even a marlin will do the job. If you are going to go for great target guns and competitions I would go with the ones you listed.

oneshotonekill

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 10, 2009
    Over by the lake.
    My two cents for what its worth...you can't go wrong with a CZ. Whether it be a trainer, lux, ultra lux, or varmint. The club I belong to here in Connersville has several rimfire matches which absolute fine tuned accuracy is the point. CZ's outnumber anything else. A good crisp trigger and good ammo is about all they need. Some guys will bed and float them, that makes your 3/8" group turn into 5/16" groups. I own 4 CZ rifles, love em.

Takashi

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 27, 2010
    Indy Northside
    A pimped out 10/22 would be more than enough for varmint and plinking. For enhanced accuracy you could definitely get a higher end savage mk 2 and for the high end stuff I have to cast my vote for CZ and Anshutz

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Speakee Engrish?

I can't understand you guys. The OP said he was looking at buying a high end bolt action .22 and most of you are busy trying to save him a dime. Let him have his fun. There is a certain Je ne sais quoi about having a rifle that looks great, shoots great, and gathers oohs and aaahs and fingerprints at camp. One you bought because you liked it and it fits you like a glove. Maybe it was made especially for you so it truly does fit like a custom made glove! I say if you have the money get something you'll truly enjoy. Not saying I don't like my Rugers and CZ's. I do like them. But the Cooper Custom Classic in the pic with the squirrels is a great rifle. And pretty to boot. My next one will be a NULA or Dakota(Mitchell) if I ever get my boys out of College.:rockwoot:

SteveG66

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    I made the mistake of passing on a Kimber Super America, dumb me. That being said, I don't think you could go wrong with a Cooper, thats what I would do if I had the money and was looking for a bolt action. I've never seen one posted online that didnt shoot. Cooper already makes a 22 rimfire: the Jackson Squirrel Rifle.

Good Luck and be sure to let us know what you decide.

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Aug 21, 2010
    Martinsville
    What shoud i get anschultz sporter,cooper, ula or something else will mainly be used for squirrels.

It may not be as high end as the ones that you are looking into, but I bought a new model Browning T-bolt and love it. I went with a leupold vx-I 2-7x33 and for shooting tree rats I think that it is just enough scope. It is a very light weight setup and great to carry in the woods. Wouldn't mind a little more magnification while target shooting but I don't really think it necessary. Primarily just a rat gun.

Top Bottom