• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Yoder

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 20, 2010
    Owen County
    Whittaker does indeed stock Annies. I was picked up a 1416d there last weekend at the rightest price I've ever seen one. They had plenty others as well.

Shame a person has to drive 3 hours to find a gun shop that carries stock.

Yoder

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 20, 2010
    Owen County
    Get the 16" 452 American, if you want a walking around 452. Compact and light.

The 452s are drying up in favor of 455s, and I am not sure there is a 16" 455 on offer yet.

Whittaker has all options above, on the shelf for perusal.

BigMatt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 22, 2009
    KS&E Guns on Pendleton Pike has CZ 452's in the low 300's. They are weird, but they have good prices.

ruger1800

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    Indiana
    Always wanted a 40x sporter, just to much $ just stumbled across a really good deal on a ULA close to the price of a new cz , will post pics when i figure out how.

bigmedicine

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood
    The Ruger 77/22 is another outstanding .22 bolt gun. It has classic styling, is "overbuilt" for .22 and is available in a variety of configurations.

OK - another Ruger fan her, so accept that pre-declared bias :)

I bought one and sent it off to Clark Custom Guns to have a fat barrel and trigger job done. I put a good Leupold scope on it and guess what - between the size, weight, and scope, you can't really tell the difference when holding my Model 77 in either .257 Robers or 30-06. GREAT practice for the big stuff while keeping recoil and cost down. This gun shoots far better than I do and as long as I do my job, I can do serious damage to squirrels. Then again, most .22's can.

Get what you can afford, make sure it has a good trigger, and shoot it a bunch. Nothing is better than shooting a .22

thegeez

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 5, 2010
    Northeast Indiana
    I got a CZ American and it outshot my Anchutz so I sold my Anchutz.I then ordered a CZ in .17m2 caliber and can't wait to get it sighted in.I don't think you can beat the CZ for price and accuracy.Make sure you get several brands of ammo to try and see which one it likes!

westfork

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    Ellettsville
    number one in my book would be a trusty old winchester model 52. "pre-a" model, even... they shoot. mine weighs a ton but you can sling it up good and go to town with irons or if you are real hardcore you'll have a period correct unertl scope on there.

second i will go with the crowd and say check out a cz...

never shot an anschutz but they sure look good on paper.

machete

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2010
    Traplantis
    What shoud i get anschultz sporter,cooper, ula or something else will mainly be used for squirrels.

you dont need an anschutz,,,for squirrels

a Plinkster or 10-22 is more than accurate enough to hit a squirrel

plus,,,an anschutz make a crappy field gun...too heavy...and if youre hunting squirrels in town,,,its jail time...so dont do that...

IMPD31323

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    indy
    I have 2 Anschutz 164's. They are worth every cent. Fit, finish and accuracy like none other. They are both west German guns, 1 is a beater that will eventually be refininshed. #2 is in almost as good condition as the day it crossed the Atlantic. I can drive to the store in a ford taurus to pick up a gallon of milk. Or I can hop in a Mazeratti and embark on a expedition to locate a gallon of milk. Which would you rather do?

hondacafe

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    I've been through several mid end .22 bolt guns. And if your looking for a mid to mid-high end gun I would settle on the CZ. It's a great platform and I like the company in general.

To settle the dispute between the Savage and CZ, sure the Savage is slightly less expensive but won't be up to snuff on the CZ. I'm not pleased with mine and am actually selling it. You can bet I'll be back with a CZ.

Now for the most fun bolt gun for squirrels without optics go find yourself a Romanian Trainer. Most Fun Ever. It may take some tweaking on the action but all three I own are ridiculously accurate. And I love the sights. I've shot over 6 total and everyone was a performer once ammo was selected.

So in conclusion...Buy a CZ and don't look back. Or spend the big bucks on the higher end guns if you want to try something you've never done before.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    like this?

DSCN0793.jpg

You don't need almost $3000 worth of squirrel rifle and scope but who is to say that you aren't worth it?:rockwoot:

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    musta got a bad one

have a belgium made atd not accurate enough for head shots, zero also changes due to the way the barrel mounts in the reciever.
    Do you have one that mounts the scope on the rcvr? Sights are both on the bbl so no POI shift using iron sights. Both my Miroku and my Belgian mount the scope on a cantelever on the bbl so no POI changes. If the bbl nut is properly adjusted it locks up tight as a one piece gun. And both are easily head shot guns on squirrels out to 50 yds.:yesway: Shucks, the japanese ATD in .22 short that I have is minute of squirrel head out to about 40, though I rarely take a shot farther than 25 or 30 yds with it.

Top Bottom