• ...and so much more!
  • Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    I have enough home projects to keep me busy a year, a month would not even scratch the surface.

This.

The wife is already making her wish list, painting the kitchen, upstairs bathroom complete re-do. She went out and bought paint, vanity, sink, ect today. No sitting around binging Justified on Amazon for me.

csaws

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Morgan County
    I don’t understand the hype, whatever happened to survival of the fittest? Does our government no longer believe that people need to be exposed to disease to build immunity? Or is this a false flag to get people to stay home while they do “X”?

dprimm

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Just West of Indianapolis
    I don’t understand the hype, whatever happened to survival of the fittest? Does our government no longer believe that people need to be exposed to disease to build immunity? Or is this a false flag to get people to stay home while they do “X”?

Only problem is current conservative predictions have deaths at 70,000+ (I can’t recall which source, but was medical). Modeling shows us less than 6 days from today behind Italy. Have you listened to Drs in Italy giving reports? That situation is scary as crap.

If you listened to the CDC you know that they changed the standards for hospital care. Up to and including pneumonia is no cause for Hospitalization. Obesity is now a pre-existing condition and will limit or prevent cate being provided.

I am not arguing w your views as well. Just showing the other side.

people will stay secluded for a few days. Especially as those already exposed get confirmed, so it will seem cases are increasing. Then the numbers will flatten ... people will be stir crazy ... they start gathering ... roller coaster ride here we go!

Life will be interesting. Many on INGO are prepared. Many sheeple are still ignoring things - my sister included.

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    As an confirmed introvert, this is like a dream.
    Plenty of reloading, watch repair, car work, and solar power system setup to do. Plus planting the garden, finishing the chicken feeder, and completing maple syrup production and cleanup.
    I can only hope they will make me stay home.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Having worked out of my home for 30 years, it is okay. At first I missed the office camaraderie.
    I also work remote. Just another day at the "office".

My kiddo is now e-learning remote as well. Good trial run for our homeschool plans.

I'm good for.... a while. My wife was going to swing by the grocery this morning, just because. Have a few Amazon orders on the way, just because.

USA#1

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    In the forest
    Many employers are suggesting or mandating their employees begin working from home. My wife's employer has set her up to start working from home now. I was already working from home. My daughter is not in school yet, so she is home with us too. Talked to my brother yesterday, who already works from home. His wife's employer has set her up to work from home now too.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Many employers are suggesting or mandating their employees begin working from home. My wife's employer has set her up to start working from home now. I was already working from home. My daughter is not in school yet, so she is home with us too. Talked to my brother yesterday, who already works from home. His wife's employer has set her up to work from home now too.

Our engineering dept of three is making plans. It might just be a Monday & Friday thing.

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    My wife is in the P.A. school at IUPUI, and today is their last day on campus until at least April 6.

Two weeks of e-learning and a week of spring break.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Yep...

4jB2fNLl.jpg

And don't worry, I have duplicates of many of those in storage, ready to be called into service if needed.;)

I might be involuntarily forced into a keto diet though. Bourbon and beef/pork will be what's for dinner... And breakfast... And lunch.:rolleyes:

Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    I can not work from home, I may just have to shut the doors for a while, if it comes to that. Really nothing I can do, just see how this all plays out.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    This.

The wife is already making her wish list, painting the kitchen, upstairs bathroom complete re-do. She went out and bought paint, vanity, sink, ect today. No sitting around binging Justified on Amazon for me.

Wife wanted us to spend a couple hundred to remodel the downstairs bath this weekend . I told her that is on hold until this shakes out. it goes into savings until crap calms down. Hopefully it will just be a couple week delay. I'm literally praying it will be a blip. I suspect that remodel fund will end up paying for the skyrocketing animal protein increases I'm expecting due to supply and demand. Folks are crazy.

But given the talk about even postponing tax day, I'm in no hurry to file since I'm smart and keep my deductions set so I always owe a couple hundred every year. (except last year thanks to Trump's tax cut) I'm not giving uncle sam my cash until I absolutely must. ("must" as in up to the filing deadline, not forced. Like waiting for him to send thugs with guns)

dprimm

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Just West of Indianapolis
    I can’t work from hone. And I cannot isolate myself at work. We can weather if I stop going, but I believe the time to fully bug out was a month ago.

The rest of the family will minimize contacts, but I am the wildcard.

Top Bottom