• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kdf101

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    Sullivan County
    We are good on food and such for about six months. The wildcard here is if family start showing up because they know we have stuff. Hard ass or not, I doubt I would turn MOST family members away. The real question is money. I can’t really work from home, and my wife can’t either. Will the banks accept no payment for months if we can’t work to get money. We have some savings, but not enough to go for months without working.

2in1evtime

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.4%
    63   1   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    retired-midwest
    Crap, with back page gone, and Craig not listing hookers on his list, how am I supposed to get an “in call” girl? Do you think hookers practice virus mitigation? Should I spray’em Down with Lysol and wipe’em With Clorox before, or after the transaction?

​Maybe before and after {sorry couldn'thelp myself}:lol2:

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    We are good on food and such for about six months. The wildcard here is if family start showing up because they know we have stuff. Hard ass or not, I doubt I would turn MOST family members away. The real question is money. I can’t really work from home, and my wife can’t either. Will the banks accept no payment for months if we can’t work to get money. We have some savings, but not enough to go for months without working.

We've already had this discussion. Immediate family only. Children and their children. No one else.

Kdf101

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    Sullivan County
    We've already had this discussion. Immediate family only. Children and their children. No one else.

I hear you and I agree. Immediate family still covers a lot of ground with me. Lesson here is I haven’t been as good at preps as I should be. Lesson learned for me.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    362   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    My mid 80s parents have announced they are semi quarantining themselves for the next month. They plan on limited grocery trips at off peak times but will limit out of the house travel to neighborhoob walks otherwise. I'll be visiting as needed with proper precautions.

My liberal dad has gone from "this is blown out of proportion" a month ago to this.

dsol

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    Jeffersonville
    I work for an airline and flights are off by 40% or more. There are cutbacks coming, every department is overstaffed. I am the most senior in mine, and the most experienced. I can do anyone else's jobs but nobody can do all that I do, even my manager. I do maintenance planning, so I don't turn wrenches any longer and can do my job from home, so I expect that to be offered this week after everything shakes out with department cuts. Will probably have to alter my schedule to split weekends with one of my other planners in order to keep 7 day coverage, but that's not much of a sacrifice in the big picture.

csaws

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Morgan County
    Only problem is current conservative predictions have deaths at 70,000+ (I can’t recall which source, but was medical). Modeling shows us less than 6 days from today behind Italy. Have you listened to Drs in Italy giving reports? That situation is scary as crap.

If you listened to the CDC you know that they changed the standards for hospital care. Up to and including pneumonia is no cause for Hospitalization. Obesity is now a pre-existing condition and will limit or prevent cate being provided.

I am not arguing w your views as well. Just showing the other side.

people will stay secluded for a few days. Especially as those already exposed get confirmed, so it will seem cases are increasing. Then the numbers will flatten ... people will be stir crazy ... they start gathering ... roller coaster ride here we go!

Life will be interesting. Many on INGO are prepared. Many sheeple are still ignoring things - my sister included.

Well I get daily updates on this daily because of my job. There is a ton of this that is blown way out of proportion. As far as predicting the death rate, I’d say they will error on the side of the sky is falling rather than light so “they” can’t be wrong. Even if they mortality rate is that high as long as you aren’t immunocompromised you should be ok. Look at the deaths so far, the vast majority aren’t healthy people under the age of 60.

csaws

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Morgan County
    I’ve been here a long time and been preaching our needs to my wife. Last night she said she was concerned we don’t have enough stored back. I said well I’ve been telling you this for a long time. Tomorrow we are going through everything we have and making a list of what needs improved and what we are ok in. My wife and daughter are vegetarians now so I need to start looking for stuff specific for their needs.

2in1evtime

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.4%
    63   1   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    retired-midwest
    Heck we stay home all the time anyways, unless there is something we want to go do, we are well supplied, only thing we would really miss would be the internet, i did run to get some extra dog food today, my goodness store shelves were empty, meat counters were empty, no chicken what so ever, and no tp:dunno: dog food was even missing off shelves. Fresh produce was almost non existent also. My wife is a serious prepper, i just fill in the gaps.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    I’ve been here a long time and been preaching our needs to my wife. Last night she said she was concerned we don’t have enough stored back. I said well I’ve been telling you this for a long time. Tomorrow we are going through everything we have and making a list of what needs improved and what we are ok in. My wife and daughter are vegetarians now so I need to start looking for stuff specific for their needs.

Sometimes all it takes is a good media induced panic to get people on board.
    Seriously though it's a good thing this has opened her eyes a bit. When I first met my wife 12 years ago she thought I was a little nuts, but thru the course of time she has joined in the prepping aspect, albeit not quite as much as I'd like. This one though has her full onboard and she's even decluttering the basement so we have even more room for long term storage.
    I'm wanting to go to a full 6 month supply (instead of the 2-3 month supply)that if rationed could be made to last 9-12 months

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Im sure they cant make us stay inside our homes. If they try that crap it may not end well. There is no reason to not let us outside in our own yards on our own property. There arent enough cops to enforce that.

After all, its a virus quarantine, not a shelter in place due to a hazmat spill rendering the outside environment toxic.
    I read an interesting article about how during the flu pandemic in 1918--pre-antibiotics of course--they moved whole wards outdoors because they found that fresh air and sunlight inhibit or harm viruses. Doing that reduced mortality rates from about 40% to 13%

https://medium.com/@ra.hobday/coron...from-the-1918-influenza-pandemic-509151dc8065

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I've been following videos from Dr. John Campbell on YouTube since mid February. He does a decent daily sitrep on the issue from all over the world. Today's highlights are that Austria is on lockdown. People can only leave their homes to buy groceries or go for a walk, but only if alone or with someone from their own household. Break isolation and you get a 4000 Euro fine. There are a bunch of other countries doing the same across the pond. In Italy, the death toll is high enough that morgues are full and bodies are being kept in churches (unsubstantiated report). Some areas are seeing a death rate greater than the 1918 pandemic. The Philippines have 101mil people and only 400 respirators in the country.

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    Well I get daily updates on this daily because of my job. There is a ton of this that is blown way out of proportion. As far as predicting the death rate, I’d say they will error on the side of the sky is falling rather than light so “they” can’t be wrong. Even if they mortality rate is that high as long as you aren’t immunocompromised you should be ok. Look at the deaths so far, the vast majority aren’t healthy people under the age of 60.

Agreed that it's likely blown out of proportion (as most things are these days). This is too good a crisis to be allowed to go to waste.

That said, while I'm under 60, I do have health issues that give me concern as does my wife.

Historically, even with my health issues, I have a pretty robust immune system (I haven't been sick in over a year - knock wood).

If I were on my own, I'd be tempted to go out and get a case to just get it over with.

I figure the very early and very late adopters will be more likely to get an appropriate hospital bed if they get to that phase; early and you get the relatively bright-eyed and fresh (physically) providers, late and you get those who have gained much knowledge and wisdom through having dealt with (100s, 1,000s, ???) of cases over the intervening months.

While it's unlikely I can avoid it in the long run, I'm going to do what I can to prevent contracting it for as long as I can as I have many who depend upon me for sustenance and protection.

I feel very blessed to have a gig that allows me to work from home full time indefinitely; I've done it for years at a time before. Also, we've been homeschooling for nearly two decades, so we're well past worrying about how to keep the kids learning (or entertained, for that matter). We're very used to (and often quite fond of) one another's company.

My plan is to stay home, do my job well, keep my head on a swivel, and pray.

Top Bottom