• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    I get that things can get twisted in court, and folks are concerned with how things look, but the most important thing would be for any shoot to be a good, clean shoot that was legally and morally justified. I don't really care what folks have printed on their targets.

Except some shootings legal justifications might fall into the gray area of the law and THEN those factors could be used against you. It aint all black and white.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Male or Female 99.99% of human bodies are built the same.
    You know where to hit to take down.
    BUT the first quick shot is to just hit and slow down the aggressor.
    The second hit would be more precise.
    If you want to practice.
    Do the IDPA "ALPresidenta Drill", two to the chest and one to the head.
    Practice until it becomes second nature and speed up your shots.

Pretty sure you mean Mozambique drill... El Prez is something else entirely.

It kinda sounds like you’re repeating something you heard, but don’t understand. :twocents:

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    Pretty sure you mean Mozambique drill... El Prez is something else entirely.

It kinda sounds like you’re repeating something you heard, but don’t understand. :twocents:

Your club might have a different name for the shooting procedure. You might not understand.
    Well describe what your EL Prez is.
    Describe what Mozambique drill is.
    I was just attempting to be helpful.
    A person does best by what they practice doing.
    I do not care if you practice shooting two shot low as to chest high and one high as head high at plain white paper, cardboard silhouette, or paper with bullseyes. You practice shot placement.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    [video=youtube;fXv8IepBVJQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXv8IepBVJQ[/video]

I remember watching this when they showed it the first time. Didn't have a recorder... man was I impressed.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Except some shootings legal justifications might fall into the gray area of the law and THEN those factors could be used against you. It aint all black and white.

I understand that, but I'm kind of doubting the target is going to push it there. Of course, I'm also not posing all over social media in pics with these targets with some snappy saying under them, so there is that.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    I understand that, but I'm kind of doubting the target is going to push it there. Of course, I'm also not posing all over social media in pics with these targets with some snappy saying under them, so there is that.

Targets, some may be considered bad taste, in its self nothing to see here. But bad taste targets combined with posting all over social media yeah I think in that case it could possibly cause issues depending on the circumstances.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    I don't train for the possibility of defending myself against round bullseye targets.

foolish decision on your part! Hope your situational awareness serves you well, in that you are never put in a position to take decisive action. If you do the math each target weighs an ounce or two. most times packaged in 10 or so targets. Again not too much weight but put a whole box full together and yeah just like a ream of paper there is some weight to them.

Falling objects account for a quite a few work place injuries bot in the warehouse and retail settings. So I would not be so quick to dismiss the need to take decisive action against them.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Your club might have a different name for the shooting procedure. You might not understand.
    Well describe what your EL Prez is.
    Describe what Mozambique drill is.
    I was just attempting to be helpful.
    A person does best by what they practice doing.
    I do not care if you practice shooting two shot low as to chest high and one high as head high at plain white paper, cardboard silhouette, or paper with bullseyes. You practice shot placement.

[video=youtube_share;O8QrWm3Acc0]http://youtu.be/O8QrWm3Acc0[/video]

[video=youtube_share;R7aPeodTZYI]http://youtu.be/R7aPeodTZYI[/video]

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I install storm doors that come in boxes that are about 7' x 3' After installing a door I cut the box into 12 pieces about 18" x 3', I then paste two 6' Shoot N See targets, one toward the top and one dead center.

I do not use kill zone targets, just cardboard and pasties.

Sometimes I use a third poking out from behind the one top center.

Kill zone targets would be immoral and unconscionable.

Apply purple as necessary.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    CHEZUKI I looked back over this thread.
    You contributed no attempt the help WCD.
    But you jump on just to Criticize my attempts.
    Maybe so, but he was correct in his criticism of your INCORRECT information. To the point of the thread, if you’re hand wringing over “what if’s” such as a prosecutor delving deep into your training targets, you’d be better off not getting into a gunfight.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I would put what other people's targets look like in the none of my business category.
    I don't waste time thinking about what gun grabbers like or don't like. They dislike me and everything about me. I don't care.

Spear Dane

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 4, 2015
    Kokomo area
    Was on a firearms review website the other day, and they were promoting some specific brand of targets with graphics of human organs and a KILL ZONE area of the target. Seems like that has bad idea written all over it? Seriously I can not imagine how these would not have unintended consequences if it ever came up. Like yes your honor I train regularly, what kind of targets do you use? Well I use kill zone targets! Seems like somebody did not think this through? As far as I could tell they were not novelty targets.

You seriously need to reconsider gun ownership. If you CC, stop. You will be useless in a fight, you have the wrong mind set.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I love these threads where "liberty loving" people tell others what they can and can not do.

sparkyfender

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2008
    Southcentral IN
    I shoot at the vitals on a Mother Teresa print target.

Not really, but if I wanted to, I would. Shoot at whatever paper target you desire, if you are uncomfortable with a certain graphic, use something more generic or benign. It's all good........

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    If you don't shoot kill zone targets they you're just shooting to cripple/paralyze.

Sentencing your opponent to a life of misery.

Which means he wasn't a threat and you played judge and jury.

LOL

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Reg old silhouette targets are fine by me.
    Proly cheaper too.

Colorful ones w little lines showing heart/lungs/liver...............I put them right there w zombie targets.
    Just a sales gimmick.

But hey, if that's what one wants to shoot........pay the money and blast away.
    Doesn't bother me at all.

smknabel

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2012
    Vincennes
    Was on a firearms review website the other day, and they were promoting some specific brand of targets with graphics of human organs and a KILL ZONE area of the target. Seems like that has bad idea written all over it? Seriously I can not imagine how these would not have unintended consequences if it ever came up. Like yes your honor I train regularly, what kind of targets do you use? Well I use kill zone targets! Seems like somebody did not think this through? As far as I could tell they were not novelty targets.

According to Andrew Branca’s book and podcast, anything can be used against you in court. Taking that in mind, I don’t worry excessively about what the prosecution will try to use, but at the same time, I don’t actively try to make their job easy.
    I see this as one of those times where the risk doesn’t outweigh the benefit.
    For me, I don’t see how this is better than a general knowledge of anatomy and silhouettes.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Memorize this,
    Anatomy.jpg

Then shoot at this.
    maxresdefault.jpg

Top Bottom