• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cmamath13

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Mar 3, 2013
    Greenwood
    Just curious if you have ever bought a gun that you really weren't planning to buy yet, simply because it's a really good deal?

I have the chance to get a nice pistol that's nearly new and fewer than 50 shots through it for $100 less than new. I really like the gun and would like to have it (I don't currently have that style or caliber), but I wasn't really planning to buy at this time either.

Any advice?

saberstar

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Apr 19, 2012
    Bloomington, IN
    For me personally I am waiting to buy something I really want. Deals are something I buy and tend to regret later. I will say at times they have been financially beneficial.

Snizz1911

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 8, 2013
    Anymore if you actually find exactly what you want and less then you expected to pay you almost have to buy it, right. That's at least how I justify it

jwh20

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 22, 2013
    Hamilton County Indi
    Just curious if you have ever bought a gun that you really weren't planning to buy yet, simply because it's a really good deal?

I have the chance to get a nice pistol that's nearly new and fewer than 50 shots through it for $100 less than new. I really like the gun and would like to have it (I don't currently have that style or caliber), but I wasn't really planning to buy at this time either.

Any advice?

Of course! That's just part of the fun, isn't it? It doesn't have to be a firearm, we're always looking to score a deal!

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    Once or twice I've been window shopping at an LGS or on gunbroker and just decided I "needed" another gun.

navy4422

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 17, 2013
    Lafayette
    As long as you have the money you could buy it, but if you have a lot of firearms already I'd hold off and get the one that you want.

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    Well, I would say it depends on the state of your financial situation. If you but this gun and are in the position it won't affect the purchase of one you may want in a few months/weeks/days (you choose), I would buy it!

If it is something you can only afford to do once or twice a year - and you really think you will want something more later than no.

I am retired and now in a position I can afford to purchase somewhat regularly so if I liked it and the price was great - yup, I'd buy it. I can say I don't have one firearm I have regretted purchasing, but do regret passing up a few! But I also don't ever sell any of mine. I am a collector (hoarder I guess) of ammo and firearms!!:)::dunno:

cmamath13

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Mar 3, 2013
    Greenwood
    I read all of your replies and I appreciate your feedback.

The gun is a 1911. A good one at that. I don't have one yet, but plan on getting one (next or time after that). It's a good deal. Not great. I could get it will some money in my savings, but I try not to touch that for "wants".

cmamath13

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Mar 3, 2013
    Greenwood
    Well, I would say it depends on the state of your financial situation. If you but this gun and are in the position it won't affect the purchase of one you may want in a few months/weeks/days (you choose), I would buy it!

If it is something you can only afford to do once or twice a year - and you really think you will want something more later than no.

I am retired and now in a position I can afford to purchase somewhat regularly so if I liked it and the price was great - yup, I'd buy it. I can say I don't have one firearm I have regretted purchasing, but do regret passing up a few! But I also don't ever sell any of mine. I am a collector (hoarder I guess) of ammo and firearms!!:)::dunno:
    Thanks for you comments Larry. Good advice. :)

saberstar

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Apr 19, 2012
    Bloomington, IN
    If I found a good deal on a 1911 I would personally buy it. You really cant go wrong with it because they are a great gun and the demand for them is always good if you decided not to keep it.

cyprant

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 13, 2011
    North Georgia
    Yes, actually my FFL has 3 of the same guns on their way to him now. ITS a 10/22 variant that I never considered before, but the price, availability, and the fact that its a 10/22 and all of my buddies have been looking for one, I decided what the heck and ordered a couple extras for my friends. If they end up not wanting them, I will post them in the clsssifides for my cost.

cmamath13

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Mar 3, 2013
    Greenwood
    Thanks for the feedback gentlemen. I am leaning toward passing on the deal. As much as I want the gun, it's just not good enough for me to dip into my savings. There will be other 1911s available, when I have allocated funds appropriately.

JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN
    If I am planning on buying something and I find a good deal, I buy it. I dont go looking for these deals, but if I stumble upon it, Im not going to miss out.

The sole exception is when I genuinely dont have the money. I almost always have a credit card on 0%, so that isnt an issue, but if I have just made another big purchase that I am still working on paying for, and I dont have cash in hand, Im not going to bite off more than I can chew.

Top Bottom