• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DEWEY

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2012
    Hendricks county
    Shimanos are great cant go wrong very durable but if you want to go with something maybe alittle cheaper try the pfluger president good real for the money.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    shimano solstace hands down. Pick the size that best fits the pole you will be putting it on.

a solstace FI 1000 will fit 250 yards of 10 pound braid. Put it on a berkly amp medium 6 foot rod, and its a great all around rod for almost all types of idiana fishing. Super smooth, light, balances well, and has good enough sensitivity. 10 pound braid is super thin, and super strong. This is by far my favorite set up.

that being said. I have a shimano real that has the double handles. I bought it for 60, but will sell it for 30 because i want to change out to the previoused mentioned real so i have two of the exact same setups.

PM me if you are interested, it will come loaded w/ 10 pound white braid, all of it bought new this year.

Harry2110

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Indianapolis
    OK basically you are fishing like I do(1 combo for all species).

I have a pfluger arbor which is a really nice reel for 79.99 but I might have killed it(clicks but is still smooth. I just hate noise) fighting a 25lb channel cat(it was a 1000 series size model).

Now I can swear by a Shimano sahara 2000 series. I have had one for almost 4 years now and my dad had it for 4 before that and it has worked flawlessly with barely any upkeep. It has fought anything from 3lb crappie to 30lb flathead and carp that were accidently caught while crappie fishing.

Top Bottom