• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jeffrey

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    May 10, 2009
    Central Indiana
    I've got a blur and it's a great blade for the money. Another one you might consider is the benchmade mini barage. I have one of these too and it's one of my favorite knifes. Blade is a bit under three inches, but it's a great knife. I have found it to be more than adequate for cutting things that need cut. Brad may be able to get one close to your price range. Happy shopping:)
    http://www.benchmade.com/products/585

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    Frank get a zt 0350 should come in right around 100 dollars but you get a much better well built blade and a killer warranty. they have several other models that are very nice you can get around your price used.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    I am an IMPD officer and I carry a knife in my cargo pocket for cutting stuff that needs cut.

There are a lot of knives out there because there's a lot of different "stuff" that needs cut.

Frank get a zt 0350 should come in right around 100 dollars but you get a much better well built blade and a killer warranty. they have several other models that are very nice you can get around your price used.

If you're looking for a solid folder that can have multiple purposes, then this would be a good liner lock choice. Personally I like frame locks so a 0556 or 0550 would be solid as well (midtech style of the 801 is cool but for your purposes might be too "flashy")

If you're looking for a light knife that's just going to used for cutting/slashing, something from Spyderco.

If you might use it for defense or just want a nasty work knife, a Spyderco Rescue

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    There are a lot of knives out there because there's a lot of different "stuff" that needs cut.

If you're looking for a solid folder that can have multiple purposes, then this would be a good liner lock choice. Personally I like frame locks so a 0556 or 0550 would be solid as well (midtech style of the 801 is cool but for your purposes might be too "flashy")

If you're looking for a light knife that's just going to used for cutting/slashing, something from Spyderco.

If you might use it for defense or just want a nasty work knife, a Spyderco Rescue

Don't need anything too flashy. Cutting stuff and defense as a last resort are what its for. Thanks for the suggestions.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    I'd look at the Spyderco Endura Wave. It's faster opening than any spring assist or auto. It also has an aggressive texture, so it's easy to hold on to.

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    I'd look at the Spyderco Endura Wave. It's faster opening than any spring assist or auto. It also has an aggressive texture, so it's easy to hold on to.

this is very misleading. it's faster to open if you practice with it a lot and know what your doing. also that way feature requires the situation to be pretty ideal. Don't get me wrong I think it's a awesome addition if you are willing to train with it otherwise it's just a novelty.

carrying it in his cargo pocket as he stated it's basically pointless to have the wave.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    this is very misleading. it's faster to open if you practice with it a lot and know what your doing. also that way feature requires the situation to be pretty ideal. Don't get me wrong I think it's a awesome addition if you are willing to train with it otherwise it's just a novelty.

carrying it in his cargo pocket as he stated it's basically pointless to have the wave.
    +1 to that, and to add, the wave doesn't work well if you end up on the ground on the bottom! That said, I love all my waved Emerson's, I just carry another knife just in case the wave feature is untenable.

hoobilly65

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2014
    Indianapolis
    Heres another one too! Gerber Bear Grylls dual botton assisted open tatical #4041213D , on auction at ebay $27 is bid... I havr a coupke of Bears knife mofel and there built well!

Top Bottom