• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dave29

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Jul 8, 2009
    Lawrenceburg
    I had a pistol stolen out of a vehicle one time (I know, lesson learned), and filed a police report with serials number, make, etc.

Sheriffs Department called me about 2 years later letting me know that it was recovered in Cincinnati. I ended up getting it back a couple months after that with a lot of back and forth phone calls and paper work between my local Sheriffs dept and the Cincy PD.

Bubbajms

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Delphi, IN
    My parents were broken into back in the mid 1970s and had 4 or 5 guns stolen, and they got back all but one in the late 1990s IIRC.. I think it was a kid who'd stolen them, kept them all that time, and then either died or something, and when the police were going through things they ran the SNs and they came back to my dad's initial report. Probably sold off the other one at some point and it's still in somebody's sock drawer somewhere.

Always, ALWAYS keep your SNs someplace safe. You just never know!

harrna02

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 1, 2014
    columbia city
    Has anyone ever recovered their stolen guns?

Was robbed of many items back in March and have not heard one word from the police since, not that I really expected to. Odds are against them and I'm sure they have much more important things to work on.
    I beg to differ on whether the police have something better to do than to recover stolen firearms. Usually the people stealing them have no way of getting their own (cant pass the FBI background check etc). These are the people we dont want to have firearms and the ones that give the law abiding citizens that have the right to carry and protect our person and property a bad name. When was the lasttime you saw a LTCP person commit a crime with their weapon. I dont have stats, but imagine that it is rare when compared to those having firearms unlawfully. I Could be wrong, but doubt it

xdmdude

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 22, 2010
    southport
    I had a some stolen in a break in on 12/31/13. Have not heard back on them yet. A couple I'd really like to have back. A heirloom .22 from my grandpa and a gen3 od 19 with the good glock finish. I know it's just a glock but I really loved that one in particular.

Fire Lord

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 7, 2012
    Around Franklin
    My dad had a couple of firearms stolen, 2 of which were recovered. He accepted one, as it was perfect. The other he declined. It had been burnt in a house fire. It had a good amount of damage, and he didn't want to mess with it. After the theft, he went and got a safe. Too bad they never recovered his python, though. What a beauty.

Top Bottom