• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Onebad06vtx

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Ellettsville
    2 things I really don't like. Up to 14 days to have a hearing plus up to 5 days for the police to return them. So someone could be wrongful disarmed for up to 19 days. and the other thing is you are deemed a dangerous person till the hearing.
    Anyone who dont have multiple stashes is a fool!
    Why would you keep everything in one spot?

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    2 things I really don't like. Up to 14 days to have a hearing plus up to 5 days for the police to return them. So someone could be wrongful disarmed for up to 19 days. and the other thing is you are deemed a dangerous person till the hearing.
    What I’m always interested in about these bills are do they have built in repercussions for those that start a complaint that turns out to be false and what about the firearms, is there compensation if they’re damaged or reduced in value?

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    What I’m always interested in about these bills are do they have built in repercussions for those that start a complaint that turns out to be false and what about the firearms, is there compensation if they’re damaged or reduced in value?
    2019 was a very good year for Hoosier gun owners. Not only was Civil Immunity and Church Carry (when there is a school on the property) passed, but the language in the Laird Law was strengthened significantly.

Oh ye from the land of the 31 license plate with little faith! Language in the bill allowed for suing a PD for damages to seized firearms. I remember, because I was there. Testified in some weird room. A chick fell off her heels and broke her ankle in the usual room for committee hearings.

wingrider1800

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 27, 2014
    Harrison County
    2019 was a very good year for Hoosier gun owners. Not only was Civil Immunity and Church Carry (when there is a school on the property) passed, but the language in the Laird Law was strengthened significantly.

Oh ye from the land of the 31 license plate with little faith! Language in the bill allowed for suing a PD for damages to seized firearms. I remember, because I was there. Testified in some weird room. A chick fell off her heels and broke her ankle in the usual room for committee hearings.
    Little faith is right. I don't trust Hokey and I hope he doesn't make a run for Braun's senate seat.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Little faith is right. I don't trust Hokey and I hope he doesn't make a run for Braun's senate seat.
    I don't trust him either. He signed the Civil Immunity bill at the NRA Annual Meeting, but if he could've avoided Constitutional Carry he would have.

You better believe old Eric got reminded of what he said at the NRAAM about Indiana being a friend of the 2nd Amendment when the ConC bill was on his desk. He knew a veto would've had an over-ride vote, that's why he signed it.

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    So.... I'm confused. Are HOA's expanding red flag laws? Why again are we talking about HOA's in a red flag thread?
    I don't know about Red Flag Laws . . .

There is an HOA in Florida allegedly attempting to make the entire HOA a Gun Free Zone, banning all firearms everywhere, including all pubic spaces, all streets and sidewalks, and inside everyone's vehicles and homes. Anyone who currently owns or possesses any will be required to dispose of them and prove to the HOA they've done so. Would require everyone sign affidavits under penalty of criminal perjury they've complied. Came up on a YouTube channel . . . newspaper in Florida had someone ask the Real Estate Attorney Q&A column what they should do about their HOA that's attempting it. The veracity of that, given the anonymous nature of the question (person used a pseudonym), isn't strong. Could be a hypothetical. Saw the question about whether an HOA could do that come up as a hypothetical on Quora a number of months ago.

I expect there will eventually be at least one HOA in Indiana that attempts to do what the Indy Mayor can't do, and the Legislature (currently) won't do for the gun grabbers. HOAs are notorious for having control freaks and busybodies on their boards while everyone else in the HOA has day jobs and more important things to do with their time.

Last edited:

loudgroove

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 7, 2023
    Lagrange Indiana
    Isn't there already laws about filing a false complaint to the police on top of slander?

Top Bottom