• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • metaldog

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 31, 2013
    Indy
    I am curious to see sales/profit statistics on Starbucks, since they "straddled the fence" on the gun debate. I imagine sales are down significantly.:dunno:
    The manager in the OP needs a reality check. Alienating your customers (for whatever reason) is only going to drive business away. Very poor practice.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Even when I was earning 6 figures, I could not see paying $5 to $8 for a cup of candy sweet coffee from Starbucks. Two cups a day times 180 days buys a Les Baer Premier and 1000 rounds of 230 gr hardball.

+1 on Dunkin' Donuts. Many gas stations are making pretty good coffee now.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I make a damn nice cup of coffee right here at home. No Foo-Foo bravo sierra just a good cup of Joe. And I can OC while I make it....even do it Naked sometimes............:):

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I make a damn nice cup of coffee right here at home. No Foo-Foo bravo sierra just a good cup of Joe. And I can OC while I make it....even do it Naked sometimes............:):

Now that's just wrong. I have heard this kind of stuff goes on in Speedway. Naked coffee making and OCing*** Shoulder holster?

atvdave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    SW Indiana
    I am curious to see sales/profit statistics on Starbucks, since they "straddled the fence" on the gun debate. I imagine sales are down significantly.:dunno:
    The manager in the OP needs a reality check. Alienating your customers (for whatever reason) is only going to drive business away. Very poor practice.

I don't know what their total sales are, but their stock performance has grown steadily over the last 3 months. I would bet that gun advocates like ourselves, are a very small part of their total profit margin.

SBUX - Stock chart - MSN Money"}

Pinchaser

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 26, 2012
    Unfortunately my wife likes Starbucks, at least until today. This morning I reluctantly went to Starbucks CC'ing my Glock 19 with my wife. I had been in this store many time before both OC and CC. We walked in the store and while waiting in line the manager walked up to me and asked me to leave. I asked her why, she stated that she knows that I have carried in the past and per Starbucks new policy anyone carrying a firearm is prohibited from being on store property. I asked if the ban policy was new since Mr. Schultz stated that he was just asking that weapons not be brought in the store but did not out right ban weapons. She stated that they were instructed to not allow anyone including Law Enforcement in the store if anyone knew or had a suspicion the person was carrying a weapon, regardless whether OC or CC. My wife stated in a not so normal volume voice, that since she will not the customers to be protected from bad guys, especially in this neighborhood, she will not be back and that she should inform the customers that they are now in a gun free zone. just like the schools. The manager told us to never come back or we would be arrested. My wife stated how you going to do that since you don't allow LEOS in the store.

Are you sure this happened? Perhaps you have an agenda and this story helped support it?

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    You must have really made an impression on her previously for her to want to throw you out without knowing if you were carrying or not.

Top Bottom