• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jrh84

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 9, 2009
    Columbus
    Billoybob, I see what you're getting at, but I think what he's saying is that if you know what you are doing, you can make quality ammo on any press. It doesn't have to be a certain color.

I've made 3/4 MOA rifle ammo and won local steel matches with .45 acp that I've made with a $100 Lee single stage.

Would it have maybe been easier/faster on a Dillon? Probably. Would it have been any better? I'm not sure on that one.

King31

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    Southern Indiana
    Billoybob, I see what you're getting at, but I think what he's saying is that if you know what you are doing, you can make quality ammo on any press. It doesn't have to be a certain color.

I've made 3/4 MOA rifle ammo and won local steel matches with .45 acp that I've made with a $100 Lee single stage.

Would it have maybe been easier/faster on a Dillon? Probably. Would it have been any better? I'm not sure on that one.

Exactly.. and thats all I'm saying. HA HA

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland

Agreed
    I love my Rock Chucker, and I aspire to someday have an RL550B, but there is some Lee equipment that is actually superior to the competition in terms of ease of use, utility, and quality of ammo turned out, especially their Factory Crimp Die and their collet rifle dies.

DriverAndrew

Marksman
    Rating - 96.2%
    25   1   0
    Jul 10, 2015
    Columbus
    Update to Original Post

Kudos to King31 for helping me believe I could buy into reloading for not much dinero. I picked up this Junior 2 and all the other stuff for less than $175. Looking forward to learning and training on the equipment very soon. Also thanks go out to DHamby for sending me a Lyman Reloading Guide and a Scale (Gun store guys said it was smart to have 2, so I bought one). Thanks Man!

16864628_1592469744101881_4258456049370751411_n.jpg

16641073_1592469997435189_1961672276070119643_n.jpg

Last edited:

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    Excellent!
    You wont' regret taking that first big step.
    You'll also get plenty of guidance from the scores of us here who reload.
    Be sure to also check out some of the YouTube videos.
    I personally recommend FortunCookie45LC, but there are others who put out excellent instructional videos.

King31

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    Southern Indiana
    Awesome! You even got some good quality equipment for that price. Who would've thunk it? :dunno: Some people really rave about the Jr 2 from my quick search. I'm not much help on rifle loading as I am trying to get started on that end as well. The biggest piece of advice I can give is make sure your bench is rock solid! Good luck and keep us posted once you finish your first round. I'm sure other members can help on any other questions up to that point!

Top Bottom