• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Indy-Mike

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 5, 2013
    Carmel
    That "mount" for your single stage is awesome.

Thanks, picked up a "drop" I-beam for $10, drilled a couple of holes for the press and four to mount to the bench, probably only needed a couple. Ground down the rough cuts on the ends, some paint and you have a perfect height for your press.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2012
    01001111 01001000
    ReloadingSpaceOld.jpg
    My old Reloading Corner before I went overseas and left my wife alone with it for an extended period of time... It was functional but left a bit to be desired in the storage department

ReloadingSpaceNew.jpg
    We have since moved but while I was gone she and her dad built me a new workbench!

Indy-Mike

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 5, 2013
    Carmel
    Awesome single stage stand. I wish I could find an I beam.
    I got got the I beam at Steel House in Indianapolis, it's a "drop" that was in their scrap pile, you pay scrap price. This one was about $20 I think.

Where did you get your reloading bench?

standard butcher block bench top with the metal frame stand. Lowes, Home Depots have them. Make sure you attach the bench to the walls for added stability.

EvilKidsMeal

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 11, 2010
    Highland
    Went for the portable approach.

fx83mt.jpg

Fits everything except for components and cleaning stuff (tumbler and other)

o0rp6c.jpg

Mocked up before coats of poly.

24d3g8x.jpg

jhq3xf.jpg

210iq6q.jpg

Loading some .308 Win. with IMR4064

sf9fz5.jpg

I used a single piece of 1" thick pine stair tread nailed and glued together, then reinforced with mending braces. Polyurethaned the whole thing and added handles. Bolts for the press come up from the bottom via T-nuts, recessed and epoxied in place, allowing quick attach/detach using wing nuts and washers. The tray holder is a cut piece of brass strip attached to the middle as seen in the first photos.

The base isn't deep enough to prevent tipping when doing heavy resistance operations, like sizing brass, but the spring clamps and a hand on the top of the press take care of that.

I live with my girlfriend and her parents for the time being, and I reload at my parents house where there is a work bench and a place to store my equipment. I opted for portability so my stuff isn't in the way, and I could bring it to where I currently live if needed.

So far I am set up for .308 Win., and 300BLK (although I don't yet own a gun for it) and have loaded up 40 rounds of .308 Win. Soon I will be getting .223 dies to start loading for my SPRish AR. I have all Hornady equipment and dies because I took advantage of the free bullet rebate offer going on currently.

Attachments

• 20151008_202945-1.jpg
      20151008_202945-1.jpg
      565.8 KB · Views: 17
    • 20151008_202953.jpg
      20151008_202953.jpg
      660.5 KB · Views: 10
    • 20151008_203000.jpg
      20151008_203000.jpg
      674.8 KB · Views: 9

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    Finally! Still a WiP, but close enough to post a pic.
    Have yet to mount my 550, and some more hardware on the way still. I'm sure I will re-arrange everything a gazillion times, but it's finally starting to come together.
    DSCN3867_zpsmgbuasb1.jpg

bulletsmith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 26, 2015
    Lake County
    Finally! Still a WiP, but close enough to post a pic.
    Have yet to mount my 550, and some more hardware on the way still. I'm sure I will re-arrange everything a gazillion times, but it's finally starting to come together.
    DSCN3867_zpsmgbuasb1.jpg

Nice idea with the slat wall! I had not considered that. Very nice loading room.

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    Slatwall fixtures are pricey. I got the wall for free from a fellow INGOer. Whatever I saved on it, was lost on pegs, shelf brackets, etc...
    If I had to do it again, I'd go with pegboard.
    Big box stores carry little slatwall stuff anymore, and use proprietary systems (which will probably be outdated in a few years) designed to hold heavier gear. Sadly, one is stuck with searching store closeouts, or finding online retailers who sell in large quantities to retail outfits (ie case of 12 bins, or baskets. Gross of 144 hooks, etc). Avoid KC-Fixtures.com like the plague. They have a wonderful variety, and reasonable pricing at first glance. But their shipping is outrageous ($80 order of plastic bins totaled to $130 fed ex business class shipping charge).
    Pegboard double hooks sorta work... but they pop out easily when removing tools from the hooks. In the end, it will have been worth the frustration, and fairly modular. I'm just really disappointed that fixtures are so expensive & difficult to find in small quantities.
    If anyone has an alternative for finding slatwall stuff at a reasonable price, please let me know.

ETA: I'm a little more anal in wanting everything to match. Perhaps more than most. Menards does offer a decent selection of pegs, hooks, etc. Although half has to be online only. So if you want everything to match coloring, it becomes difficult having to order from several outlets unless you wish to pay crazy high shipping, or get a group buy for large quantities.

Last edited:

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Dammit Robby... I was planning on slatwall for my reloading room, but it looks like I may have to go pegboard instead. This will **** the wife off as she's already worried it's going to look like a garage.

Looks like some of the slat shelving brackets can be found on eBay with free or decent shipping, but yeah, most that stuff is way more than I expected.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    I have peg board on my back wall. It is the thinner board and I bought some of the smaller hooks for it. The larger hooks do a better job of staying in the peg board.

I will post some pictures when I get it all put back together this weekend.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ljmiddleton3
    Top Bottom