• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • msd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    Princeton
    This might be a really dumb question, but for 2 decades I've dealt with mainly out of state suppliers.

Where's some of the better places to go reloading shopping here in central or southern In? I have been dealing with Red Ghost and ft Sackville for a couple of years now but am looking for someplace that has a really big selection.
    Milsurp powder & bullets would be a big bonus too.

I don't mind having to drive an hour or so to get there.

Thanks to all!

Harry2110

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Indianapolis
    [STRIKE]Theres reloader supply in jeffersonville but they really arent that big of shop and I havent spent much time there to see what exactly they carry[/STRIKE]

*too far away as its almost 2-3 hours*

msd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    Princeton
    Heck I'd love to find a shop thats into reloading like Powder valley or Wideners or Grafs, but I don't think theres anything near that size here in In. I'd be willing to take a road trip to a big shop that'd be worth the drive.

snowrs

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2011
    Evansville
    No dice around here, people have said Wittakers has an OK selection of powder etc but nothing like you are looking for.

msd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    Princeton
    No whittakers is really a dissapointment to me. I just deal with them on AR's anymore. If I need a jug of H110 or something while I'm there I'll pick it up. otherwise red Ghost is my better bet. besides only being 15 mi from my house.

And for a few miles more I can go see jeff in Owensboro @ GI brass for Milsurp powders.

msd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    Princeton
    I seen he had Dillons, just never really paid attention.
    I figure i dont reload mass qty's of thousands at a time to warrant me buying one. Only thing I mass reload right now is 223's. I've got 10k to load up then another 10k to load later this winter.I got all winter though to get them loaded.

snowrs

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2011
    Evansville
    It will be my first press but I figure buy once cry once. and if it doesn't really work for me I can always sell it for not much less than I paid for it.

msd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    Princeton
    Dang good price. I've never used Varget though.

Whittakers does have good prices on their 8lb jugs and of course guns. I don't buy factory ammo so I don't know about them prices.

3 yrs ago I took my father there for the first time. He was at that time living in Wy for the last 30 yrs. He was really dissapointed in everything down there.

msd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    Princeton
    It will be my first press but I figure buy once cry once. and if it doesn't really work for me I can always sell it for not much less than I paid for it.

First press, just out of curiosity and experience wouldn't it be better to buy a single stage and learn to reload that way?

msd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    Princeton
    Sorry to be blunt but designing equipment and actually performing reloading are totally opposite ends of the spectrum.
    With a single stage you learn the basics that are essential to reloading. With a progressive you really don't learn the fundamentals that go into loading that cartridge you'll shoot thru your gun.
    Sorry not trying to step on toes, I seen a friend from back home make the same mistake, and literally lost a nice Old style RB. Argued about the progressive, over single stage. I was living here then but was up north visiting when he showed what was left of it. It was in 4 pcs.

Have you ever reloaded or had the opportunity to reload with a friend or relative?

msd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    Princeton
    Ok that makes a big difference. Heck i use a Lee turret and can crank out about 100 rds an hour. Figure thats good for me, that means i keep busy and have an excuse to stay out in the shop instead of spending my free time with my wife!

snowrs

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2011
    Evansville
    He is a competition shooter, and just rebarreled, so he is trying to find the best powder for his gun. Has gone through 8-9 powders so far.

msd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    Princeton
    Whats he shooting AR matches? Be interesting to see what powder/ bullet combo he comes up with. I'd like to step my AR's out to 600 yrds.

snowrs

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2011
    Evansville
    He is shooting Hight power matches, alternates between a 7mm and an AR, they only shoot at 100yds though, fast and slow fire.

msd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    Princeton
    Yup got a few of the 7mm's myself. Played with them, for a bit then another gun catches/caught my eye, and off on another venture I go. So they go into the safe with all my other toys.

Top Bottom