• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fullmag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    Going to look into shop in Celina, OH. Heard about it today. It's 1 hour from ECI, will update. Man, I really miss Sinclairs in Ft Wanye.

ben992

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 16, 2011
    Spencer County
    This might be a really dumb question, but for 2 decades I've dealt with mainly out of state suppliers.

Where's some of the better places to go reloading shopping here in central or southern In? I have been dealing with Red Ghost and ft Sackville for a couple of years now but am looking for someplace that has a really big selection.
    Milsurp powder & bullets would be a big bonus too.

I don't mind having to drive an hour or so to get there.

Thanks to all!

I don't know what you mean by "southern" Indiana. To some, Bloomington is southern IN....but if you are speaking that of truly southern IN I would HIGHLY recommend Dave's Gun Shop in Holland. It is only about a mile of I-64 at exit 54, the Holland exit. They have a great selection of everything from primers to presses. It is an excellent shop.

snowrs

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2011
    Evansville
    I don't know what you mean by "southern" Indiana. To some, Bloomington is southern IN....but if you are speaking that of truly southern IN I would HIGHLY recommend Dave's Gun Shop in Holland. It is only about a mile of I-64 at exit 54, the Holland exit. They have a great selection of everything from primers to presses. It is an excellent shop.

He is in Princeton so he is true Southern Indiana.

msd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    Princeton

Daves?? Isn't he the one who builds rifle or shotgun barrels? Heck that's only 20mi from me, if that much

msd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    Princeton
    Ok wrong road, I can get there down hwy 64 or I can take I64. Looks like I'll be paying a visit soon. Wouldn't happen to know his hours by chance?

msd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    Princeton
    161 is that the Holland turn off rd? From I64? Not too familiar with that rd names I just know how to get to Holland

msd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    Princeton
    OK cool, how far off the exit is he? Wouldn't happen to know his hrs of operation by chance? I'm really wanting a lb of BL-C today to load up my 500 with.

msd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    Princeton
    Wouldn't make it today, the old battle axe is still trying to get ready so we can head to evansville. But I work fairly close to there, might have to go after work this week, since i"m on days.

msd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    Princeton
    I know he is open till 3 EST today and I think 5PM everyother day, probably 1-2 miles off I-64

Made it down there, they're open till 5pm on Sundays. I didn't realize they're on the same time as us, I was thinking they're an hour ahead.

But thats a really nice shop, can't believe I've never heard of it before. They'll be getting alot of my business now.
    Seen they got a NIB Kimber compact in 9mm. If I didn't have so many holes in my head, I'd of bought it. I'll be kicking myself by tomorrow I bet.

03A3

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Shaker Prairie
    I was amazed at the amount of reloading stuff at Dave's. I don't recollect seeing any milsurp bullets and powder there though. Maybe I just overlooked them.
    I buy a lot of that stuff from Bartlett and Wideners. A few other places too.
    I've heard there's a gun shop West of Princeton a ways, nearly to Mt. Carmel maybe. North of S.R. 64 if I remember right. What's the deal with that place? Is it really there?
    I'm in Fort Sackville Guns pretty often . I don't live but 15 miles from it. Orville is a pretty good fella.
    Their FFL is being slow to get approved, but there should be another gun shop in Vincennes in the near future.
    I hear Orville at Fort Sackville is wanting to retire. Not sure when.

msd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    Princeton
    Yes Orville and Don are good people. I apprenticed under Don till work made that all screwy. Now that Jerry Morris has retired, the hard to find gun go to is gone.
    Daves is a good place for commercial reloading, no milsurp. Very clean and orderly, and gun prices are either right on or a bit cheaper.
    And yes I've dealt with Jeff from GI brass alot. I'd take trips just to go see and buy. The gun shop west of Princeton is Allens Guns. I deal with Cecil alot, hell, he's my neighbor. But Cecil is small and doesn't have anything to speak of in reloading, even though he has the business in guns. From me is mainly transfer fees.
    You've got the Right to Bear Arms S. of Ft Branch. Nice place, but not what I'm needing.
    We need a place around here like Whittakers, but that deals mainly in 1911's, revolver,s some rifles, mainly Remington, Winchester and Savage, and in AR's.
    Shotguns..people go to Walmart for, same with 22's, unless they're wanting high ends like CZ's.
    The 1911's need to be a variety with the most part being polymer frames, Mainly the Blackhawks and Taurus in revolvers. And in rifles the middle of the line.
    Plus it needs a wide variety from Lee to Dillon on reloading, with milsurp included.

you get a combo like this, there'd be people coming from miles around to shop.

I wish I had 1/2 a million $. I'd be opening a shop up.

snowrs

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2011
    Evansville
    My understanding is Right to Bear Arms is looking to expand and put in an indoor range and double square footage in their store. If that happens they may turn into what we are looking for.

Top Bottom