Remains found in Crown Point pond preliminarily identified as missing Avon woman

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Probably all in the same area. I'm guessing CrownPoint is not the killers home turf. That is a straight shot up 65 from Avon.
    They (he, she) wouldn't take the chance of dumping a few parts at one location and risking being stopped or seen dumping in another location.

Yeah, that's the impression that I got, that the ponds were in the same general area. Anyhow, that just lead me to believe that they think the foot was cut off (as opposed to being chewed off by critters in the pond).

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    One of the news stations mentioned that the coroner stated she was likely dead before being dumped in the pond, based on the foot evidence. He would not know that if the foot separated from the body naturally during decomposition. That leads me to believe it was dismemberment.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I think you're right.

Also, decomposition alone would not cause a complete separation of a foot from the body in this amount of time.

Jeepfanatic

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2018
    Plainfield
    I know it's a standard answer but I loved the "We believe she may have been the victim of foul play but are waiting on the coroner's report". You found a severed foot in a pond 2 hours away from where she lived. It definitely wasn't a heart attack!

Butch627

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    NWI
    This is the first I have heard of this story, there must be some info on her or speculation on why this happened? drugs, money, sex, what motives have i missed?

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    Police were out searching the pond at 231 and 65 today, one exit (~1 mile) down. They had a drone up and some people walking around the pond. Could t tell if they had divers out, although I doubt because it looked like only Crown Point police. I think the divers are normally county or state.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    In southeast Texas just like everywhere locals have a tough time financing a search unit. When I got old and donated all the dive equipment to the county sheriff he gave me his card and said call me if you ever need to. Which meant call if you ever have a need.
    We never did but his word was his bond and when I handed it to the better 2/3's and asked "Is this a keeper?"
    She put it in her purse and said "That's a keeper."

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    RdJawTj.jpg

Notropis

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2018
    NWI
    Hey, just because we're "up north" doesn't mean xxx.
    Sure, Lake county is blue, and the great Illinois migration (for the past 2-3 decades) ins't helping an already liberal part of the sate, but plenty of good folks up here.
    I absolutely agree the new migrants are bringing their voting (taxing) habits with them. Personally, I have pity for the ignorant.
    in_2016.png

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    florez30
    Top Bottom