• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    Just and FYI here is a tin of remington 22 that sold for 190.00 yesterday at an auction i attended

https://www.proxibid.com/asp/LotDetail.asp?ahid=2470&aid=63430&lid=15851116&title=22lr-Ammo

This tin was sold for 140.00

https://www.proxibid.com/asp/LotDet...le=The-Remington-Five-Pounder-22lr-In-Tin-Can
    LotImageViewer.asp

With today's prices, that is almost a steal!! I was blown away at some of the prices I was seeing on rimfire ammo at the 1500 Sat.

Winamac

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 11, 2011
    Logansport
    Thanks All For The Opinions

Thanks for the input fellow INGOer's. I think I will go ahead and shoot the ammo. Once the weather warms enough to go to the Winamac range I will go have some fun. Unless of course .22 ammo becomes available in bulk again at pre-panic prices then I will save the full tins. Come on guys...stop laughin it could happen. LOL!! Thanks again.:laugh:

Winamac

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 11, 2011
    Logansport
    Shoots fine for me, my daughter ran trough about 150 rounds while I was practicing with my new pistol, not one dud in the bunch. Works great for the $15 I paid for it. :D

I'm with you Frosty. I have never had problems with Remington .22 ammo either. Cycles and shoots great in all my .22's. I guess to each his own though.:D

Archer46176

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 21, 2012
    South East of Indy
    Never had a problem with Remington .22 LR myself. The worst I ever had was a bulk pack of Winchster Wildcat that was a big box of smaller 40 round boxes. That stuff was so flippin dirty I could barely shoot a box without cleaning. It misfired in my Ruger 10/22 and stove piped a lot as well. I have about 15000 rounds of the Remington squirreled away.

Winamac

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 11, 2011
    Logansport
    I hear ya. I guess some folks can afford to be a ammo snob. I however cannot afford to be one of them with the money I make. LOL!!:D

seabassz

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2013
    The ammo is by far and away more valuable than the tins. Shoot the ammo.

Just bought a fairly good amount of these from Winchester with John Wayne on the tin. I kept the tins for sale to collectors and put the ammo back for a rainy day. They were 40 gr Wildcats, which I prefer for most of my automatics.

tdmman

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    South Central Indiana
    I agree with Dave above. I've shot many thousands of bulk .22's over the past few years. Remington is by far the worst. I've had as many as 15 duds per carton. And yes, it was the ammo. I've always considered myself a "Remington Man" but their bulk ammo sucks.

Winamac

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 11, 2011
    Logansport
    One can be pretty well assured that anything produced or labled as "collectible" never will be. Shoot it up.

I seem to be hearing the same sentiment here in INGO. Shooting the ammo I believe is the thing to do. OR... I could put it all (2500 rnds) on GB and price gouge people :cool: JUST KIDDING:D I do not roll like that. Shooting it is more fun.
    :rockwoot:

Top Bottom