• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le
    Yep those rifles can be dangerous, you should definitely sell yours to me for like 300$.;)

PS. all rifles can be dangerous, but seriously I'll buy yours for like 300$ if you're scared of it.

Clearwat

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 10, 2009
    Dont leave a round in the chamber.....or point muzzle at something your don't want to destroy.

1hr special coming up on CNBC. Set to DVR. Could be interesting.

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    What about those numerous documented Glock Kabooms?

Since 1962, Remington has sold more than 4.5 million Model 700's, and the number that they are taking about here doesn't even begin to calculate. Remington has a few models of triggers, and this report does not even try to exclude the unaffected triggers like the 40x and X-Mark Pro. In short... It's a liberal media hit job.

Pale Rider

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Too Close to Home
    Yes. Shooting buddy has multiple 700s in various calibers and on a range trip a year ago two of the four rifles went off sitting on the bench as the shooter was no where near the trigger getting into a good shooting position. (both had very light triggers and one fired multiple times as the bolt was being closed)

IDCC

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Orange County
    Yes. Shooting buddy has multiple 700s in various calibers and on a range trip a year ago two of the four rifles went off sitting on the bench as the shooter was no where near the trigger getting into a good shooting position. (both had very light triggers and one fired multiple times as the bolt was being closed)

Who adjusted the triggers?

IDCC

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Orange County

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART

Who adjusted the triggers?

That is the perfect question. What are the odds that a guy has 2 of 4 Remington 700's exhibiting a behavior that 99% of lifelong Remington 700 owners have never seen.

Here is a cool "How-To" so that you too can have an unsafe Remington trigger any time you want...

How to Adjust a Remington 700 Trigger (Page 2/4)

xring62

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    Henry county
    Well just watched the MSNBC hit on Remington, looks like there is a problem in some triggers. that may be part of the problem but a big part is safety rules wasnt followed, never point at anything you dont want to destroy. I'll still buy a mod.700 ,but maybe with the differant trigger.

xring62

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    Henry county
    Worn parts? dirt? tricked up trigger? gummy oil? Thats all we need ,Remington in trouble ,anti gunners would love it,they said they would sue our gunmakers out of existance.

Ryno

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Shelbyville, IN
    I've had my 700 pss for several years, never a seconds problem or worry. It's one of my favorite guns. I know of several others that are reliable and loved.

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    Of all the millions of Remington 700's that have been produced I am sure a few have made it out to the consumers with defective parts. That is going to happen with the shear numbers. But..I would venture to say that most of these publicized incidents are from someone jacking with a gun that has been modified by someone that don't know what they are doing. One well known sheriff and firearms trainer has a appropriate name for those types..."Plumbers". It is easy to adjust a 700 trigger to the level that it is unsafe. That is not a trigger defect.

Then we have what many others have already said, if even the most basic of firearms safety fundamentals had been followed there would not have been any injury's or deaths. It ain't complicated people. You just can't save some people from themselves.

Top Bottom