• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Viper1973

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2012
    FYI -- The thing on the website where you enter your serial number does not accurately identify if your particular rifle is subject to the recall. I have a 700P that the website says is subject to the recall but it DOESN'T have the XMP trigger, it has the X-40. I called in and spoke with one of their repair folks and he confirmed that my rifle is not subject to recall even though the website tool thinks it is. He said if your trigger has ribs - regardless of what the website tool says - your fine and don't need to do anything.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    Ugh... based upon the explanation this leads me to believe it's not common but they have to verify all of them... I have a 2007 or 2008 SPS Tac that has 4k+ down the tube and have NEVER had a problem.

OTOH, my cousin has a ~2010 R700 that discharged without him touching the trigger within the first 50 rounds out of the box... coincidentally that was right around the time all the other remington trigger stuff was getting stirred up. There was a discussion here about it and I was called every name in the book, including a remington hater and liar because I related the incident in which I was present and personally witnessed.

remauto1187

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 25, 2012
    Stepping Stone
    I tried every day last week to get through to Remington via their 800 number listed on the recall website. It is absolutely ridiculous that I cannot get through in 5 days trying multiple times every day. It is unsat to be put on hold for 30mins+ and still not get through to SOMEONE. It sucks to see the downfall of a company that made great shotguns/rifles get ran in to the ground. Thank god all my firearms that are Remington were for the most part made before all this Remlin era. For right now I will never own a Marlin that was made under the eyes of Remington. My 1975 and 1987 Marlin lever actions work jsut fine.

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    Well, called Remington just this last Thursday, and they received my Model 700 ADL stainless that morning. They gave me a repair number that I can follow...hope it does not take too long. I bought mine on the 8th, and only have had one chance to shoot it. I only ran 11 rounds through it, 150 grain .30-06, and the trigger worked fine. :dunno:

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    I tried every day last week to get through to Remington via their 800 number listed on the recall website. It is absolutely ridiculous that I cannot get through in 5 days trying multiple times every day. It is unsat to be put on hold for 30mins+ and still not get through to SOMEONE. It sucks to see the downfall of a company that made great shotguns/rifles get ran in to the ground. Thank god all my firearms that are Remington were for the most part made before all this Remlin era. For right now I will never own a Marlin that was made under the eyes of Remington. My 1975 and 1987 Marlin lever actions work jsut fine.
    I had to try a few of the "options" before I got to a lady that was able to help me out. I called earlier in the morning as well.

ChalupaCabras

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    LaPorte / Kingsbury
    Remington has a long history or making unsafe trigger assemblies.

But to be fair, you either have to unload your rifle like a fool, or flick the safety on and off 20 times with a loaded chamber to actually have an issue.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    Well this is a PITA... i hadn't heard of this and wish I would've known prior to the convention so I could have talked to someone personally.. my new-ish 700 cdl is subject to the recall and like many of you, I REALLY don't want to have to sight it in again...

zonfather

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Indy
    Picked up a trigger at the Timney booth at the convention. Great guys. No way I'm going to let this summer go buy without my 700. Now if only I had gotten to the HS Precision booth in time...

DemolitionMan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2009
    Avon, IN
    Has anyone actually gotten shipping materials, etc. from Remington? I have not seen anything yet.

This discussion has me mostly convinced to simply switch to a 3rd party trigger, wish I had thought of that during the convention. Is Timney the gold standard for R700? Is there another one I should consider?

WatermAlan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2014
    Carmel
    Has anyone actually gotten shipping materials, etc. from Remington? I have not seen anything yet.

This discussion has me mostly convinced to simply switch to a 3rd party trigger, wish I had thought of that during the convention. Is Timney the gold standard for R700? Is there another one I should consider?

All you get is a shipping label and instructions. You have to find your own box, secure the rifle, and ship it back via UPS. I wish I had the extra cash to just drop in a Timney trigger. :(

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    is there anything in particular that makes not shipping the rifle back a stupid decision? Anything that COULD come to bite you in the long run if you don't send it back in? I'm just curious because I really don't care to do so.

tenring

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2008
    Martinsville
    I filled out the re-call form on a Saturday over the Net and received and got PDF's in two hours with info accurately describing my affected rifle. Went out of town for a week and a shipping box was waiting for me when I got home. Dropped off the pre-payed package at our local Ace Hardware store one late Monday afternoon and checked on Wednesday morning and it had been delivered to Remington. Took off the NV scope I had on it, stuck it in the shipping box, taped the shipping label on the box and off it went. No problem here, worth the effort to make sure the firearm will be safe. If you had to find your own box, perhaps you didn't follow the instructions correctly ?

Top Bottom