• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    I've always wondered why it seems like every gun I buy is made in the New England region, which seems to make no sense, because these are the states' whose elected Democrat represntatives are always trying to make guns illegal. What gives?

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    Good for them, I wish S&W, and Springfield armory, and DSA would do that and move to a free state, oh and Henry too

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    I wish ALL gun, ammunition and gun related manufacturers would leave anti gun states. Maybe then they'd get the message. I know it's probably not financially or logistically feasible but I can still hope. :twocents:

USMC_0311

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Anderson
    Looks as though they put a fancy little mark on the firing pin, when the pin strikes the Primer, it leaves the fancy little mark on the Primer. LEO's find a Case with for example has a § pressed into the back of the Primer, they then search for the gun that has a § in the firing pin. Then bing bang boom they have the killer.

linky linky

FIFY
    So just pick up your empty casings or use a revolver. Not real effective just another way to control and drive cost up.:noway: to NY

deanald2pt0

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    NW Indy
    Just Remington? Why not Dan Wesson, Kimber, Marlin, Winchester, any of the GSG guns, etc., too?

Of all the names you mention, Remington and Winchester are the only two that manufacture ammo. Maybe Remington has an ammo manufacturing facility in NY.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    DST paying off finally?

Now we've done it. You've summoned the Monster DST thread. Ohhh, man, duck and cover . . .

kingkongvsgodzilla031909c.jpg

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    I was against it initially, but I have both personally and professionally benefited from DST, more than I care to admit.

Everyone now keep their head down from the return fire.

SideArmed

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 22, 2011
    Microstamping is NOT about solving crime or taking guns off the street. It is about one thing, and one thing only, Registration.
    With out a gun registration it would not be effective, even if the technology of it all was good.

Any politition that spouts off at the mouth about how microstamping is "sensible" or "resonable" because it is going to help "support crime-fighters" (BTW, when did LEO's get elevated to superhero status?), is full of bull pucky. All they want is gun registration because they know that in order for the system to work there has to be registration, and in order for them to take ALL guns away there has to be registration.

Oh and can someone please tell me if in fact these two states have microstamping tech laws?
    He said gun manufacturers didn’t leave California and Massachusetts when those states enacted ballistic identification rules.

nemo97

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 29, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Microstamping is NOT about solving crime or taking guns off the street. It is about one thing, and one thing only, Registration.
    With out a gun registration it would not be effective, even if the technology of it all was good.

Any politition that spouts off at the mouth about how microstamping is "sensible" or "resonable" because it is going to help "support crime-fighters" (BTW, when did LEO's get elevated to superhero status?), is full of bull pucky. All they want is gun registration because they know that in order for the system to work there has to be registration, and in order for them to take ALL guns away there has to be registration.

Oh and can someone please tell me if in fact these two states have microstamping tech laws?

Careful questioning the status of LEO as some around here do not care for it as I can attest (though I agree with your assessment).

SideArmed

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 22, 2011
    Careful questioning the status of LEO as some around here do not care for it as I can attest (though I agree with your assessment).

I think most everyone around here will agree that LEO's are not superheroes, as the article would like to lead the reader to believe. Or more correctly "crime-fighters", I apologize if my attempt at humor was lost on some.

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Could you just replace the firing pin or even smooth off the one imprinted? :dunno:

Yes among many other problems. How about collecting cases at the range and dumping one at the crime scene to frame an innocent person?

More problems with microstamping here.

Top Bottom