• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    It seems that everyone keeps correctly returning to the point that gun control laws work extremely well. Not only do they do absoutely nothing for the ostensible purpose, but almost universally exacerbate the problem; However, when taken in context of their actual purpose--the protection of criminals, particularly the statists, but also independent operators, they are extremely effective. If you don't believe me, Hitler, Stalin, Castro, Pol Pot, Hugo Chavez, and several other 'notables' would agree!

Johnny C

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Solsberry , In
    Looks as though they put a fancy little mark on the firing pin, when the pin strikes the bullet, it leaves the fancy little mark on the bullet. LEO's find a bullet with for example has a § pressed into the back of the bullet, they then search for the gun that has a § in the firing pin. Then bing bang boom they have the killer.

linky linky

Cant they already figure which gun a bullet came from with thr rifling marks on the gun?

how hard would it be to file out the firing pin marks?

Can you say "multiple replacement firing pins?":dunno:

pinhead56

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I read once that microstamping was done at the factory on each round... like a micro-film sized serial number stamped on at the factory. (Now you can see why it's unfeasible and expensive) Once the law passes all ammo used anywhere has to be stamped and all sales are tracked by lot no. to whom, etc.. Guess what if you re-load? Your're screwed, no stampy on your old brass cases and "Common sense" says no re-loading allowed, plus you couldn't afford the equipment to microstamp your re-loads if you wanted to. Just another gun-control idea that belongs in the toilet. No one thinks about the consequences, or cares in the case of 2A issues of passing such crap :xmad:

Cant they already figure which gun a bullet came from with thr rifling marks on the gun?

how hard would it be to file out the firing pin marks?

Can you say "multiple replacement firing pins?":dunno:

rgrimm01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    Sullivan County, IN
    Hopefully Remington sticks to their guns if it passes and leaves.

The New York pols are banking on them not. The one official even stating that the California manufacturers did not leave after restrictive laws passed in that state, Rem will not leave either. It would be nice to see one of the big boys leave and what impact their leaving has on the responsible people. I would think that it would be hard for Remington to pull out. They would be walking away from a historical site, have to buy land, build a fascility, retool or move their equipment. You know, with property values down, this might be the perfect time to move. Come on Remington...

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    The New York pols are banking on them not. The one official even stating that the California manufacturers did not leave after restrictive laws passed in that state, Rem will not leave either. It would be nice to see one of the big boys leave and what impact their leaving has on the responsible people. I would think that it would be hard for Remington to pull out. They would be walking away from a historical site, have to buy land, build a fascility, retool or move their equipment. You know, with property values down, this might be the perfect time to move. Come on Remington...

True. And properly framed, ("While we do not wish to leave and take the jobs with us, the NY State politicians have, with this law, made us unwelcome and left us no choice. Any employee who wishes to follow us will be welcome to do so to our new location in Remington, IN.") they could use this to incite the public to actually speak up in some numbers and tell the legislature what they want. Even if that didn't happen, they would essentially "go Galt" on NY State.

Who knows, it might actually be effective.

Blessings,
    Bill

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    Looks as though they put a fancy little mark on the firing pin, when the pin strikes the bullet, it leaves the fancy little mark on the bullet. LEO's find a bullet with for example has a § pressed into the back of the bullet, they then search for the gun that has a § in the firing pin. Then bing bang boom they have the killer.

linky linky

like a little metal file, couldn't change the firing pin, just saying;)

ductileiron98

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2011
    NY

When I lived in NYC in the early 90's, you had to have a permit just to enter a store that only sold firearms on the island of Manhattann. I was dumbfounded..Don't have any idea if this is still the proceedure ?

tr1gg3r

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    The Fortress
    Any employee who wishes to follow us will be welcome to do so to our new location in Remington, IN.

Haha! I just pulled up that location on google maps. It seems like they would get a warm reception and plenty of wide open spaces to work with. Now someone just has to make them an offer they just can't refuse...

I would move there to work for them. :rockwoot:

JoshuaRWhite

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2011
    South Bend, Indiana
    I agree. Come on Remington! IN is a great state.

T-Mann

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 11, 2011
    Michiana Area
    There are PLENTY of empty manufacturing facilities in Elkhart City and County. Have a VOTE for the city to raise city sales tax by $0.01. If voted through, use the extra revenue to purchase one or more of these empty properties, Lease them to manufacturers (like Remington) for $0 for ten years, after ten years GIVE the property to the manufacturer, during the 10 years also give them some sort of tax break. Yes, the people of the city have to pay a little extra in taxes, but think of the jobs that would be added to the area.

Top Bottom