• ...and so much more!
  • techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Ok, so we are at the start of something that will take work to win.

While we are busy on the net "Posting from the rooftops!" there is real action that is needed.

The first and easiest is to send letters to your elected officials. Letters beat emails, and handwritten beats printed. Short and logical beats out long and emotional. And be sure to tell them in the first 3 sentences what you are asking of them.

Be polite and well dressed.

Now here is the deal! For everyone who posts in this thread that they have put letters in the mail - I will give you rep in trade. I expect that others will join in, but at least you will get some from me and rep is nommy.

To help this process along here are links to for the addresses to your congress critters:

Indiana in the 112th Congress (2nd Session)

U.S. Senate: Senators Home

Now, go and send your letters and give me posts to rep!

malachi_s

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 30, 2010
    North Central Indian
    I'm writing Coats, Lugar,and Burton, anyone on the list of Indiana Representatives really, as we speak, my penmanship is terrible but legible, my vernacular is purely hoosier but my cause is genuine, thanks guys but I don't want the bribe, I just beleive in the cause.

I just finished writing a lot of letters, and sent a lot of emails. You know, some of those representatives don't make it easy to find contact info for. If anyone is having trouble locating information like that, post the questions, someone will answer it, I'm positive!

Last edited:

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    Excellent and creative idea. Rep to you sir and I will share in your mission of repping those who post letters here which they send to their representatives..

HeadlessRoland

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2011
    In the dark
    Meaningless tokens in exchange for meaningless words?

I think the Congress has proven time and time again that it doesn't give two shakes of a lamb's leg as to what we want, or letting us keep our property, or to support Liberty.

I would rather do something productive with my time, though I do appreciate your offers. Like purchase a few more uppers.

Molon labe.

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Meaningless tokens in exchange for meaningless words?

I think the Congress has proven time and time again that it doesn't give two shakes of a lamb's leg as to what we want, or letting us keep our property, or to support Liberty.

I would rather do something productive with my time, though I do appreciate your offers. Like purchase a few more uppers.

Molon labe.

You are welcome to write your letters while sitting on a pile of lowers, pen attached to the upper's rail and writing in CLP mixed ink.

That's all good by me.

But someone's gonna want a picture of that...

John Galt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 18, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    I believe letters and correspondence to the leadership would be advised as well. Find out who heads the committees and the Speaker of the House and Senate leaders. Nothing happens unless they want it to happen ....

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    What are you guys writing in your letters?

We need to give them something, like MENTAL HEALTH, side effects of Prozac, Zoloft, etc to focus on.

[ame]http://youtu.be/UhO0Pul_FcE[/ame]

EvilKidsMeal

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 11, 2010
    Highland
    HICKMAN said:
    What are you guys writing in your letters?

We need to give them
    something, like MENTAL HEALTH, side effects of Prozac, Zoloft, etc to focus on.

I went basic, asking to defend the 2nd, encouraging common sense discussion about self defense, mentioning unconstitutional. short and to the point. I may email each of them as well with info to that effect.

in retrospect i probably didn't put it as specifically as i should have, but they are signed and sealed, and i can always send more.

Last edited:

davedolli

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    106   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Clinton IN
    Short and sweet, no gun free zones, armed staff, trained and armed guards or police better security and training all to make our kids safe. Protect law abiding citizens second amendment rights. Not in those exact words. My penmanship isn't the best so I had my 10 year old grand daughter copy my draft and I signed it. Looks good.

Dave

Last edited:
    Top Bottom