• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • geronimojoe85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 16, 2009
    An interesting point about Sneaky Pete he came to my work (corporate office for a large industrial company) when he singed in he misspelled congress. I have a pic on my phone I don't want to post it lest someone from work sees it. He ain't the sharpest tool in the shed but he is a big one.
    And I really didn't expect any less from him, he is what he is.

Car Ramrod

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Westfield
    I have never sent a letter to anyone, but now feel it is my duty.

I will work on this over the next day or so, and get them sent on their way.

Car Ramrod

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Westfield
    I posted this to my Facebook, hopefully it inspires others to write their representatives as well. The post has received a lot of Likes, but those aren't worth anything if none of the people who liked it actually pen a letter and mail it in.

"I am going to give my first attempt at writing my congress men and representatives about the uselessness of trying to take away the Right of the American people to defend themselves against those who wish to do them and their families harm. Why will this be my first attempt? It's because I have been lazy and just sat back and watched our Rights slowly being whittled away.

I have decided I am no longer going to lay down and let those who have been elected, by the American People, to serve us, take away the Rights granted and guaranteed to us by our United States Constitution.

If there has ever been a time for you to take a stand and make yourself heard, this is your time. I ask of you, take the time and write your representatives and remind them of their Sworn Oaths to uphold the Constitution of these United States and that infringing on the People's 2nd Amendment Right will do nothing but guarantee they will not be re-elected to their position for another term."

IndyGunSafety

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Fishers, IN
    We have had a form email and the who is my rep web site link on our Facebook page for the last few days. The email addresses not only the logic of preserving the second amendment, but also in having armed security at schools.

Pitmaster

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    South Bend, IN
    I posted this to my Facebook, hopefully it inspires others to write their representatives as well. The post has received a lot of Likes, but those aren't worth anything if none of the people who liked it actually pen a letter and mail it in.

"I am going to give my first attempt at writing my congress men and representatives about the uselessness of trying to take away the Right of the American people to defend themselves against those who wish to do them and their families harm. Why will this be my first attempt? It's because I have been lazy and just sat back and watched our Rights slowly being whittled away.

I have decided I am no longer going to lay down and let those who have been elected, by the American People, to serve us, take away the Rights granted and guaranteed to us by our United States Constitution.

If there has ever been a time for you to take a stand and make yourself heard, this is your time. I ask of you, take the time and write your representatives and remind them of their Sworn Oaths to uphold the Constitution of these United States and that infringing on the People's 2nd Amendment Right will do nothing but guarantee they will not be re-elected to their position for another term."

Thanks for picking up a bucket to help bail out the ship. Next step is attend an APPLESEED!

Pitmaster

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    South Bend, IN
    I did the email thing a few days ago.
    I'll debate writing an actual letter

Just copy your email and send a hard copy via mail. That's what I do. I also fax them to federal and local offices. That way the numbers at up from each location. I'm sure they don't cross-reference every communication between offices, email, and fax.

__Doc_

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2011
    Henry Co
    Just copy your email and send a hard copy via mail. That's what I do. I also fax them to federal and local offices. That way the numbers at up from each location. I'm sure they don't cross-reference every communication between offices, email, and fax.

After this morning, I am going to write a physical letter. I can't tell you the last time I've actually wrote more than a parts list on paper let alone an actual letter. I could probably make my handwriting a font and just copy paste my email in my font faster than writing it out.

Rhoadmar

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 18, 2012
    The farm
    I sent letters to my state and federal reps the only response was from state Senator Broden. Here's his response and my second letter in response to him.
    December 21, 2012

Dear Mr. Rhoads:

Thank you for your email regarding gun policy in Indiana and arming teachers in our schools. I appreciate hearing from you on this important discussion.

I was deeply saddened by the events in Newtown, Connecticut last week and I am keeping that community in my thoughts and prayers. I believe the event demands a serious discussion about gun violence in our society and what policymakers can do to ensure this type of tragedy is never visited upon our children in the future.

I appreciate your suggestion but such a proposal would raise some additional concerns for me and I would be cautious about such a policy. I believe the events in Connecticut demand that we have a comprehensive discussion about these issues though and all ideas should be heard. Though we may never eradicate violence in our society, we must take steps to reduce the frequency of these vicious attacks and I am hopeful our country will have a thoughtful debate that honors the memory these young victims.

Thank you again for taking the time to write. Please let me know if I can be of assistance in the future.

Sincerely,

John E. Broden

Senator Broden,
    Thanks for your response. Just once I would like to find a politician from either side of the isle that acts in the best interest of the citizens. Your somewhat vague and soft answer leaves a lot to be desired. Laws and regulations affect criminals and the mentally unstable only after the fact. Passing more restrictions on law abiding citizens only restricts law abiding citizens. How prevalent are illegal drugs and their abuse in our society? Their have been laws passed and enforced to limit and restrict their use and access yet their seems to be a widespread and ongoing problem. How well did prohibition work? It resulted in the enrichment of criminals and the rapid rise of organized crime. The issue and solutions should be focused on the people who commit these crimes and not on the law abiding citizen who will not commit these crimes. You are a servant of the people and nothing in these proposed bans and regulations would have prevented these shootings from occurring. Criminals already obtain the means to commit their crimes illegally.Restricting the ability of law abiding citizens to defend themselves makes them nothing but targets for criminals and the deranged as is evidenced in the tragic shooting of the teachers and students in Connecticut. I cry out to God constantly for an end to the evils of this world and for comfort and justice for those that are afflicted with this evil. Government cannot solve this problem. All guns and the knowledge of them would have to be eliminated worldwide in order to eliminate gun crimes. The best the government can do is to not restrict the God given right and duty of self defense to it's citizens. Gun free zones attract this kind of tragedy as they only affect those who would not commit these crimes, law abiding citizens. Thank you for your time.
    Mark A. Rhoads

Car Ramrod

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Westfield
    Here is my draft. I used MAC's form letter and added some tweaks. Let me know your thoughts before I write it out.

Greetings,

Due to the recent events at Sandy Hook elementary school we now face renewed threats to our Constitutional Rights. While I understand how painful the loss must be for those touched by this tragedy, blaming firearms or their owners and punishing them is not the answer to the challenges we face as a nation.

We already have laws that were violated by a man who was likely psychotic and heavily medicated. This man was stopped by the mandatory background check from purchasing firearms. He then decided to murder his mother and take her legally owned firearms to commit this tragedy. He was determined to do what he had set out to do; knowing there would be no one to stop him after forcibly entering the school.

If your true goal is to protect our children, then enact legislation that will do that. Banning firearms that are rarely used in crime (less than 1% of the time) is not going to stop such tragedies; this was proven in 1999 when the Columbine shooting took place under the 1994 ban. Do something meaningful and worthwhile, please. Make committing the insane easier. Offer crisis management training and allow teachers and school staff access to firearms. But do not strip us of our property and Constitutional Rights by passing additional anti-gun laws that have historically had no positive effect on crime in our nation or others.

With aspirations of starting a family one day, I am terrified to even think about letting my children grow up in a country where I am not able to fulfill my duty as a parent to protect them. The American People have an inalienable Right to defend themselves and their families. This Right is granted, and guaranteed, by the United States Constitution; a document which you have not only taken a sworn oath to support, but to also defend.

The Constitution and the American People’s Rights are under attack. It is now on you to follow your sworn oath and defend them.

Thank you,

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Sin-city Tokyo
    What are you guys writing in your letters?

We need to give them something, like MENTAL HEALTH, side effects of Prozac, Zoloft, etc to focus on.

http://youtu.be/UhO0Pul_FcE

In the interest of full disclosure/FYI for everybody, my :bs: detector started pegging out

BS+Detector.jpg

...pretty early in this video, and the "CCHR.org" emblem at the end confirmed that I was right.

The so-called "Citizen's Commission on Human Rights" is a Scientology :runaway: :nuts: :runaway: front group, therefore this video has Zero credibility, even if the overall message/issue of over-medication of society may be a valid one. Given that the Cult of Scientology was founded by a third-rate science fiction write and pathological liar, I suspect that everyone of these "doctors" in the video is a Scientologist, or a paid actor, so I'd consider the sourceof this video before buying into its allegation that every mass shooter was on psych meds at the time...:twocents:

scientology-hat.jpg

Car Ramrod

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Westfield
    I dispatched mine via email a couple minutes ago. I will also be printing them off shortly, and addressing the envelopes. Once I can find some good paper, I will also be writing them out.

I made another post on Facebook asking others to stand up and write in.

japartridge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Bloomington
    Emailed all my state and federal reps the other day, just typed up letters to Coats, Lugar, and Young earlier this evening. will be dropping them in the mail on Monday. Debating on sending one to POTUS. Will try and handwrite letters later. Also just emailed Senator elect Donnelly as well; will print out a letter for him tomorrow.

bksboiler

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Where are those writing to Donnelly sending their letters?

His 2nd district website shares he's out of his offices in South Bend and Washington due to House rules.

I'll send the email, but would like to send a letter via USPS as well.

Pitmaster

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    South Bend, IN
    Where are those writing to Donnelly sending their letters?

His 2nd district website shares he's out of his offices in South Bend and Washington due to House rules.

I'll send the email, but would like to send a letter via USPS as well.

I would just hold off on writing Donnelly until he gets his office set up in January. He becomes a senator then.

Pitmaster

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    South Bend, IN
    If you want to be even more helpful to our cause don't forget to write letters thanking those politicians who support our cause. They need to know we appreciate and support their efforts. Do this at the state and local level. These letters do not have to be after a vote. A good news clip, interview, or public statement they make should be supported.

Don't necessarily limit sending your letters to only your representatives. Send them to others. I live in SB, Pat Bauer represents me. I don't support him at all. It sure doesn't hurt to send letters to other local representatives. I do spend money and interact throughout the area.

Jim Tomes is an example of a great guy who works tirelessly for 2nd Amendment rights. While he is on the other end of the state from me. I often send him a note thanking him.

Don't forget to save your letters. They can be re-used with slight edits as often as necessary. I have a file I've sent over the years. That file saves me some time.

Add contact addresses and phone numbers to your electronic address books so you don't have to look them up. Or keep a list you can refer to when necessary.

NomadS

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    New Albany, IN
    I wrote: I urge you to oppose magazine and gun bans in any form. The 2nd
    Amendment is not about hunting. It is about defending our families,
    our homes, our towns, and our country. Gun bans and magazine
    restrictions would put our citizens at an even greater disadvantage if
    attacked by those who already have these magazine and, even more
    advanced, military weapons. Magazine bans and gun bans will make
    citizens into subjects.

To prevent violence, do what has worked as several studies by Dr John
    Lott, Jr. have proven. Since most mass killing are happening in gun
    free zones, allow citizens to once again carry concealed weapons in
    more places. The possibility of coming into contact with an armed,
    law abiding citizens is the best deterrent to criminal behavior.

I look forward to hearing your view on this subject.

AJMD429

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Spent last weekend doing just that....

NOW - HOW DO WE GET LEGISLATION PROPOSED that will repeal 'gun-free' zones and allow CCW at a minimum by school employees, and preferably by any licensed adult.

We need to go on the offensive...!

Top Bottom