• GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    If it's not going to work as it's intended, then why have it? It becomes meaningless.

I agree. If it was up to me, it would be turned off. At one time it was useful around here, but not anymore.

What is it worth? You can't buy anything with it. You don't redeem the points for prizes or anything. It's certainly not worth getting riled up about. If they want to turn it off, it's fine with me. Having the points missing the last few days hasn't diminished my enjoyment of the site at all.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    What is it worth? You can't buy anything with it. You don't redeem the points for prizes or anything. It's certainly not worth getting riled up about. If they want to turn it off, it's fine with me. Having the points missing the last few days hasn't diminished my enjoyment of the site at all.

Can I buy something with the respect I've earned from my peers? No, but apparently it means more to me than it does to you.

PaulF

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Any ETA on a fix?

The programmer is looking into it. He's really good. Nothing should have changed in the move, but something is obviously not working.

Debugging is tedious, patience-testing work when it is your own code...it can be hell when the code is someone else's.

He is working on it. We will keep you all updated as we learn more.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    The programmer is looking into it. He's really good. Nothing should have changed in the move, but something is obviously not working.

Debugging is tedious, patience-testing work when it is your own code...it can be hell when the code is someone else's.

This is my life. Sometimes you have to debug your stuff. Sometimes you have to debug other people's stuff.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    iu

Until finally....

iu

Also noticed something else while uploading those. It only gives the option for a link (like the video insert) and there is no option to upload from file or a little box to check/uncheck. That has changed as well.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Also noticed something else while uploading those. It only gives the option for a link (like the video insert) and there is no option to upload from file or a little box to check/uncheck. That has changed as well.

Always been that way in the support forum. Same in the classifieds.

OutdoorDad

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 19, 2015
    Indianapolis

is this resolved? Anyone know?

PaulF

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I take it that the rep system will not be fixed?

We asked, and were told it is being handled.

We don't all sit in a room together every day. We are all volunteers, including the programmer.

Perhaps it is a complicated issue to resolve.

Perhaps the programmer has has not had adequate time or availability to address the issue.

Perhaps the new owner doesn't want to make the changes needed to "fix" the rep system...for his own reasons.

I don't know, but posting passive-aggressive responses to this thread isn't going to do anything but cast individual users in a bad light in the eyes of the staff and he new owners.

Official: the rep system is still offline, no ETA for "repair".

We will let you all know more as we do. I promise.

Top Bottom