• ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    That's funny...That's exactly where I am with my Mossberg 500 410HS pump right now....

If THAT doesn't work as intended, it probably isn't completely meaningless. You could use it as a door stop. Paper weight. Tarp weight. Cain :oldwise:. Leaning stick. Cricket bat. Chair (if you have balance and backside low pain threshold). Marble shoot. Artificial limb. Shuffleboard cue. Property marker. Broomstick (requires additional parts). And many more.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Not sure if INGO was "forklifted" to the new servers or re-installed. But could it be that the plugin that allows users to choose reputation points wasn't installed?

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    It has been over 3 weeks, I don't see the reps returning!
    but you CAN get into the REP PYRAMIDS! Talk about ridiculous, people are going through, repping each other and posting into the pyramid, lather,rinse, repeat, and it really does mean nothing. Rep is meaningless anyway but this really tops the urinal cake. :): Countless hours and space in the database, bandwidth all wasted because people are still trying to build their REP despite it not working. :laugh:

That is what INGO is all about.. :ingo:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I guess the rep thingy as it be, is still useful. I've used it as a sort of quick PM'er once or twice. And I still use it as a device to let someone know I appreciate what they said, it's just that the person doesn't get any points for it.

So, MOD's have we given up on fixing it?

:yesway: or :noway: ?

JollyMon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2012
    Westfield, IN
    Figures I have gotten more rep in the past week then I have all year.... and I dont even get the points.

Not the end of the world. I dont mind not having points, I would just like that they turn off the "must spread rep around" since it doesnt matter if there is no points

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    So what up INGO? I mean, if you're not gonna fix it, okay. I'm fine with that. But it would be nice to see it announced.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I agree. If the idea is to make it a glorified "Like" button, just turn back on the "Like" feature. At least it'd be fewer clicks.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    The rep pyramid thread turned the rep system in to a joke. 99% of the people with high rep had it not because of rep worthy post. But because they hung out in the cool kids room.

The rep system was in place to show what respect the community had for our members. The Rep thread turned in to an everyone can get a trophy for doing nothing thread.

If the rep system does come back I hope it really means something to the members. JMHO

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    the rep pyramids made the rep system a joke indeed.

If it were up tome, the rep system would disappear.
    It is a joke as are those engaged in the update threads to boost their post count.

I will rep 1911ly anyway as his post makes it all shown for what it is....

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Seyboldbryan
    Top Bottom