• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    South of Seymour, West of Rising Sun, East of Evansville....We scratch a lot, say "ya'll", spit between our teeth and practice animal calls with our mouths...You are a good guy for a Canadian Glueman....Come south with BBI, Rusty, Jetta or Churchmouse sometime and they can fill you in on the secret handshake and how to say "Do Whut?" instead of "Pardon me?"

:)
    I have spent a lot of years living in Southern Indiana and a couple states south of there so I heered what your a sayin indiucky.
    I'm about as opposite as a Canadian could be so not sure where you got that from :dunno:

It's a joke I started when indy1919 and doggydaddy came down from Indy the first time and we've been running it for 5 years now...Doggydaddy even makes sure he pays with at least one Canadian coin when he comes down.....After that for the past five years some of us INGO members from southern Indiana joke that Indianapolis and points north are Canada and the inhabitants are Canadian......Honestly brother I assumed you were in on it because we seem to haunt the same threads....No offense intended or meant.......

Knowing that a Hoosier "ain't nuthin' but a Kentuckian whose truck broke down on the way to Dee-Troit" I am certain you can match me on the hillbillyisms....:)

Oh and you are welcome anytime....You ought to hear me give BBI grief for "Leaving God's Country to be a big city detective up in Indianapolis, Ontario..."

You know they made a movie about BBI didn't you???:)

[video=youtube;hHWC5Kvl3-c]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHWC5Kvl3-c[/video]

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    It's a joke I started when indy1919 and doggydaddy came down from Indy the first time and we've been running it for 5 years now...Doggydaddy even makes sure he pays with at least one Canadian coin when he comes down.....After that for the past five years some of us INGO members from southern Indiana joke that Indianapolis and points north are Canada and the inhabitants are Canadian......Honestly brother I assumed you were in on it because we seem to haunt the same threads....No offense intended or meant.......

Knowing that a Hoosier "ain't nuthin' but a Kentuckian whose truck broke down on the way to Dee-Troit" I am certain you can match me on the hillbillyisms....:)

Oh and you are welcome anytime....You ought to hear me give BBI grief for "Leaving God's Country to be a big city detective up in Indianapolis, Ontario..."

No offense taken. Im not sure how I missed the Canadian thing either. That is good stuff right there.

Part of my trip is work but part is fun at the Spring Rod Run in Pigeon Forge the end of the week.
    If I can swing it I'm gonna stop by.

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton

Us Canadians don't find it very funny , but we apologize aboot everything so, sorry

And most of the guys BBI met in his movie in the flop house are my relatives

Glockman20

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2017
    Indianapolis
    like I said I am new to this forum and kind of learning the ropes I guess.... I really did not have a specific reason to join this forum I just thought it would be cool and I could get information and learn new things.. I don't care about the 50 post rule doesn't make me in difference If I was just here to buy/sell/trade I would have just paid the $20 and bypassed the 50 post anyway...just saying!!! but, when someone is new and you have no idea who they are or what they are about saying anything negative is not right it is very discouraging... don't get me wrong i am not a sensitive cry baby but it did rub me the wrong way normally I would have told this person to mind there own F****** business... But, again I am new on here so thought better of that so do not take my concern on this matter as weakness because its not... just trying to figure this forum and everything it has to offer out...again I consider myself as thick skinned but, when it feels like someone is personally attacking me than that's one thing I WILL NOT TOLERATE!!! EVER!! and when you send me a PM running your mouth about something I said and you know nothing about me and you see that I just started on this forum then yes I think that's BS!!!!! Now, I have said my piece about it and hope we can move on. I hope to meet interesting people and learn new things... Thanks everyone:ingo:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    like I said I am new to this forum and kind of learning the ropes I guess.... I really did not have a specific reason to join this forum I just thought it would be cool and I could get information and learn new things.. I don't care about the 50 post rule doesn't make me in difference If I was just here to buy/sell/trade I would have just paid the $20 and bypassed the 50 post anyway...just saying!!! but, when someone is new and you have no idea who they are or what they are about saying anything negative is not right it is very discouraging... don't get me wrong i am not a sensitive cry baby but it did rub me the wrong way normally I would have told this person to mind there own F****** business... But, again I am new on here so thought better of that so do not take my concern on this matter as weakness because its not... just trying to figure this forum and everything it has to offer out...again I consider myself as thick skinned but, when it feels like someone is personally attacking me than that's one thing I WILL NOT TOLERATE!!! EVER!! and when you send me a PM running your mouth about something I said and you know nothing about me and you see that I just started on this forum then yes I think that's BS!!!!! Now, I have said my piece about it and hope we can move on. I hope to meet interesting people and learn new things... Thanks everyone:ingo:

Yeah that hurts my old eyes as well.

My kids do that a lot.

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010

Welcome to the real INGO. Understand there are a LOT of people here who just want to troll and see the world burn. They hate their life and want others to hate theirs. You have to look past their post count, name color and rep status and try to understand if they are serious or just being dickwads. Many times I've questioned if they've even shot a firearm in the last 3-12 months and what they have done to promote shooting sports or helped to train/educate new members and shooters. Some days it's nothing more than a bunch of keyboard warriors puffing their chests trying to impress someone. But. Sometimes there is that little nugget of real and useful information that is posted that makes it worthwhile to filter through the falderol and miscreants.
    Best advice is to learn who you can believe, trust for real knowledge or need to be put on your ignore list. (A very useful feature!) Otherwise you're going to eat a lot of Tums and have your blood pressure raised.
    Dan

Ballistix

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 17, 2016
    Next Door
    F**k a bunch of "rep" points!!! If gangs roamed the hoods like the good ol boys here,we'd all be in trouble. Like anywhere,there's those who think they are the elite and you'll get to know who they are. Just hang with it,stay below the radar and enjoy what use to be a good thing.

:rockwoot::yesway:

And...what??

numbaonecoltsfan

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2015
    Mooresville
    No complaints here but I do see why people talk about the elites or the grumpy old men. Despite membership being way in to the hundreds+? you do seem to see the same few people and that can be a little daunting for some people I think.
    I have not had anybody say anything rude or out of the way to me though so I guess I haven't done anything to cross the old dogs. Yet ;)
    Besides I don't have enough money for the classifieds.

Edit: realized my first big boo-boo might be that I have no clue what the membership numbers look like.

Last edited:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    No complaints here but I do see why people talk about the elites or the grumpy old men. Despite membership being way in to the hundreds+? you do seem to see the same few people and that can be a little daunting for some people I think.
    I have not had anybody say anything rude or out of the way to me though so I guess I haven't done anything to cross the old dogs. Yet ;)

Edit: realized my first big boo-boo might be that I have no clue what the membership numbers look like.

austin-powers-dr-evil-one-million-members.jpg

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    There are a few *******s here don't get me wrong. But 98% of the people here are great.
    Mostly the only time us "old dogs" act like asses is because someone is running for 50. Don't want to be yelled at or made fun of? Follow the rules, you know, the ones you had to acknowledge when you joined. Don't post one liners, in 50 different threads.
    Don't run to the classifieds as soon as you hit 50.

As for the clique, Most of these people share a interest, be it reloading, 1911's, CZ's. or get together and shoot, or have meet and eats etc. so we have a interest in keeping the board more than a "for sale" site.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

40K+.
    You do tend to see the same posting members daily.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    As for the clique, Most of these people share a interest, be it reloading, 1911's, CZ's. or get together and shoot, or have meet and eats etc. so we have a interest in keeping the board more than a "for sale" site.

A lot of people are solid friends in here. Sub groups in the big picture. It may seem cliquish if you just wonder into some threads.

Top Bottom