• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ballistix

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 17, 2016
    Next Door
    The elitists believe they are entitled to say what they please, but expect all others to follow the rules.
    If these people get together as they claim, why do most of them spend an astonishing amount of time on here?
    These people actually don't have a life, so they sit on their computer, anticipating the next post they can pile on.

Most new people don't give a crap about the classifieds. I've looked at them a couple of times... and laughed. People think they are selling Astatine, and most of what is listed, is available at much better prices and new condition, rather than like-new condition.

The ignore function is very useful. I've employed it, and can only hope that those on my list, have added me to theirs. So, if you haven't done so, please do so now...I'll wait.
    It's not the 50 post rule that sucks, it's the clique.

HAND

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Back in the 70s here in Clarksville, we had a Noble Romans and a place called Marios, both were excellent, but I preferred Marios, it was a lot like a real Chicago pizza.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    The elitists believe they are entitled to say what they please, but expect all others to follow the rules.
    If these people get together as they claim, why do most of them spend an astonishing amount of time on here?
    These people actually don't have a life, so they sit on their computer, anticipating the next post they can pile on.

Most new people don't give a crap about the classifieds. I've looked at them a couple of times... and laughed. People think they are selling Astatine, and most of what is listed, is available at much better prices and new condition, rather than like-new condition.

The ignore function is very useful. I've employed it, and can only hope that those on my list, have added me to theirs. So, if you haven't done so, please do so now...I'll wait.
    It's not the 50 post rule that sucks, it's the clique.

HAND

You have no idea what you are saying. I will take that for what it is intended.
    Yes, we had a great get together last weekend. It was a fund raiser for Riley hospital. We will have more as the weather clears.
    I have a great life. Retired and spend as much time on here as I please. What is that to you.
    You were called out for your delivery. The way you came across was the reason you were put on notice.
    Posts like this one for instance.
    I will suggest that if this place displeases you then find a forum that fits your nature better. If you were to tone it down you might actually make some friends in here. We have invited you to one of our shoots and you declined. How can you become a part of anything if you do not open up to it.

Any group of friends and acquaintances could seem as a clique.

Now, give it a rest.

White Squirrel

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2016
    Evansville
    Wow, after reading five pages of this I have concluded the following:

1. Don't post one liners just to get to 50 posts.
    2. Create paragraphs because they are easier to read, but make sure they are not one liners.
    3. Most of us don't fit in because the place is run by an "old boys group" that newbies can't get into.
    4. There is no "old boys group" just a bunch of like minded people
    5. I am totally lost and confused

I came here because I had seen several people on several other gun forums talk about INGO being one of the best gun forums there is. To a big extent, that seems to be true.

On the other hand, there does seem to be a fundamental distrust by some on here of anyone who is new. New members are automatically looked at as just wanting to "bust in" to the classifieds.

Bottom line is all of the above are true because this is a forum made up of people and there are elements of all of the above and more here. Part of what makes it interesting.

Sorry for rambling on, but as with any forum I am on, despite my short tenure I have already figured out there are people here whose opinions I value and respect and others whose posts I simply pass by without paying much attention. And as for the "rep points" that started this thread, at my age I don't have enough time left to care what anybody thinks about what I say or do. Consequently, I will speak my mind and whether anyone agrees or not is totally irrelevant to me.

Let's see, that should be worth about three posts to my count! ;)

Ballistix

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 17, 2016
    Next Door
    You have no idea what you are saying. I will take that for what it is intended.
    Yes, we had a great get together last weekend. It was a fund raiser for Riley hospital. We will have more as the weather clears.
    I have a great life. Retired and spend as much time on here as I please. What is that to you.
    You were called out for your delivery. The way you came across was the reason you were put on notice.
    Posts like this one for instance.
    I will suggest that if this place displeases you then find a forum that fits your nature better. If you were to tone it down you might actually make some friends in here. We have invited you to one of our shoots and you declined. How can you become a part of anything if you do not open up to it.

Any group of friends and acquaintances could seem as a clique.

Now, give it a rest.

I'm on notice? That's a shame. Notice this....
    This is ONLY a forum. I don't live my life for it like most of you do.
    I have a life and don't feel the need, as you do, to spend it on a forum.

I don't need friends... I have those. And as for meeting people on here... done that too. It just wasn't with the self proclaimed divine.

Just as was stated, it's fine for you and the clique to voice your opinion, but we peons better follow the rules. (See Sig)
    It's quite amusing. Especially knowing of all the people that agree, including the new people. It was one of the first things I noticed after joining.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne

2. Create paragraphs because they are easier to read, but make sure they are not one liners.
    3. Most of us don't fit in because the place is run by an "old boys group" that newbies can't get into.

I came here because I had seen several people on several other gun forums talk about INGO being one of the best gun forums there is. To a big extent, that seems to be true.

On the other hand, there does seem to be a fundamental distrust by some on here of anyone who is new. New members are automatically looked at as just wanting to "bust in" to the classifieds.

Bottom line is all of the above are true because this is a forum made up of people and there are elements of all of the above and more here. Part of what makes it interesting.

Sorry for rambling on, but as with any forum I am on, despite my short tenure I have already figured out there are people here whose opinions I value and respect and others whose posts I simply pass by without paying much attention. And as for the "rep points" that started this thread, at my age I don't have enough time left to care what anybody thinks about what I say or do. Consequently, I will speak my mind and whether anyone agrees or not is totally irrelevant to me.

THIS GUY GETS IT!!!!!

:ingo:

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton

See, this is a good post. Your participating, not running

I don't need friends... I have those. And as for meeting people on here... done that too. It just wasn't with the self proclaimed divine.

Just as was stated, it's fine for you and the clique to voice your opinion, but we peons better follow the rules. (See Sig)
    It's quite amusing. Especially knowing of all the people that agree, including the new people. It was one of the first things I noticed after joining.

This is a bad post, *****ing gets you no where.
    Kinda hard to fit in when you **** on everyone

EPeter213

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2016
    Floyd/Harrison

wow. You make a lot of assumptions, Ballistix.

I don't normally weigh in on these discussions, but I tend to lurk quite a bit in my free time, including on the 'runner' threads and the 'your 50 post rule sucks' thread. It always amazes me how the ones who seem to get the most defensive are the ones who exhibit the worst behavior.

Bottom line, if you join a forum, then ignore the posted rules for behavior, you should expect to be called on it. If you then complain about being called out for ignorant behavior (note: I did say ignorant, Not stupid) and start attacking moderators and long time members, you should expect to be called out on that as well.

That being said, if someone continues to complain about being called out for bad behavior, we can only assume they are 'trolls' and treat them accordingly.

I understand that people will have different opinions, and that the answer to 'can't we all just get along?' is 'no'.

I just wish some individuals would put more effort into being civil, instead of stirring the pot.

numbaonecoltsfan

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2015
    Mooresville
    Noble Romans breadsticks were the bomb. Deep dish Sicilian was pretty good too.

That's what we had tonight. And the service was impeccable. Every person in the place did something to expedite my carryout order and the food was delicious. Despite nearly choking on it.
    Austin Powers came out when I was a teenager so the humor was double funny to my immature teenage self.

billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    385   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave
    We got a Ban Hammer here too--Want to SEE????

"I'm on notice? That's a shame. Notice this..."

^^^If you were as smart as you think that you are then you would have noticed the title just under ChurchMouse's "Site Supporter" Badge...It says "Moderator"...
    Seems like it MAY?? be time to see the Ban Hammer in use??
    And YES, this DOES come from one of us "Old Timers".....Bill.

Top Bottom