"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty." -Thomas Jefferson

other guy

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    Peru Indiana
    You know I think you guys are looking at this wrong.What the judge said was that you do not have the right to resist if a cop wants to force his way into your house. He does not say that the cop has this right. Only, that you do not have the right to resist. You do have the right to go in front of a judge and have any evidence thrown out because of an illegaql search. Do you see trhe difference here. He is saying that if a cop wants to break the law ande enter your house illegally, fine, let him do it, don't shoot him, get your remidy in court.If you would read the ruling , this is what he said. Everyone seems to be focusing on the part that says you don't have the right to resist. This will all be straightened out in court, where it is headed.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    You know I think you guys are looking at this wrong.What the judge said was that you do not have the right to resist if a cop wants to force his way into your house. He does not say that the cop has this right. Only, that you do not have the right to resist. You do have the right to go in front of a judge and have any evidence thrown out because of an illegaql search. Do you see trhe difference here. He is saying that if a cop wants to break the law ande enter your house illegally, fine, let him do it, don't shoot him, get your remidy in court.If you would read the ruling , this is what he said. Everyone seems to be focusing on the part that says you don't have the right to resist. This will all be straightened out in court, where it is headed.

Mother ****!!! But I DO have a right to resist. Just because some damn fooli in a black robe says otherwise doesn't change that.

INyooper

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2009
    North Central IN
    Haven't read the whole thing but, help me out here...

Cop forcefully breaks in your house unannounced, you have no right to resist.

Anybody else forcefully breaks in unannounced, you have the right to protect your house (Castle Doctrine).

Criminals are now posing as police in their break in attempts...

Yeah, I can see things are going to get pretty interesting. :popcorn:

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North

Anybody else forcefully breaks in unannounced, you have the right to protect your house (Castle Doctrine).

I'm going to get Police Pajamas. If criminals break in, they'll think I'm a cop. If cops break in, I'll pretend to be a cop too and help them steal my stuff, at least I'll get to keep a fraction of it. :D

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    But the question is whether or not the thin blue line would keep you safe from prosecution for impersonating a police officer. They'e almost necessarily have to incriminate themselves to testify against you.. Wonder how that would work.

Ogre

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Hmmm...:rolleyes: let me guess, If you're not doing anything wrong, you don't have anything to worry about?
    :xmad:

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Anderson

This is not how I interpreted what the ruling said (and I read the whole bloody thing). The ruling said "we decline to recognize a right to resist unlawful police entry into a home." They admit that it is a persons right to resist, but that the court declines to recognize that right. My issue is this: We have a lot of rights in America. Many of them given to us by our constitution (some are inalienable God given rights). No one (especially man) can take away our God given rights. The rights given to us by our constitution are not to be infringed upon by our government. The right to resist unlawful entry into our home is a right that the government (in Indiana) is ceasing to recognize... Basically taking it from us in a legal situation. No one has the right to enter my home without my invitation (with the exception of a warrant).

A lot of it comes down to this: How many of us own or carry guns? Probably everyone on here. Why do they own or carry guns? MANY reasons including personal protection, sport, hobbies, etc. but most importantly is to simply exercise our right to bear arms. Do I have anything to hide in my home? Absolutely not. Nonetheless I don't want anyone to enter my own who isn't welcome, and if they have no right to enter my home (like a warrant), then I'm going to exercise my right to keep them out of my home, including resisting, and lethal force if necessary.

If you want to read the rest of my opinions on the ruling, you can find them here: https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...ht_to_resist_entry_by_leos-9.html#post1883968

other guy

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    Peru Indiana

I didn,t say that I agread with it, I was just giving their take on it. It will be challenged in court and hopefully overturned.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    This is not how I interpreted what the ruling said (and I read the whole bloody thing). The ruling said "we decline to recognize a right to resist unlawful police entry into a home." They admit that it is a persons right to resist, but that the court declines to recognize that right. My issue is this: We have a lot of rights in America. Many of them given to us by our constitution (some are inalienable God given rights). No one (especially man) can take away our God given rights. The rights given to us by our constitution are not to be infringed upon by our government. The right to resist unlawful entry into our home is a right that the government (in Indiana) is ceasing to recognize... Basically taking it from us in a legal situation. No one has the right to enter my home without my invitation (with the exception of a warrant).

A lot of it comes down to this: How many of us own or carry guns? Probably everyone on here. Why do they own or carry guns? MANY reasons including personal protection, sport, hobbies, etc. but most importantly is to simply exercise our right to bear arms. Do I have anything to hide in my home? Absolutely not. Nonetheless I don't want anyone to enter my own who isn't welcome, and if they have no right to enter my home (like a warrant), then I'm going to exercise my right to keep them out of my home, including resisting, and lethal force if necessary.

If you want to read the rest of my opinions on the ruling, you can find them here: https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...ht_to_resist_entry_by_leos-9.html#post1883968

Right: Something you're born with.
    Legal privilege: Something granted to you by law.
    Power: Something the state can do to you.

By saying they don't recognize a right to resist, they were saying the right doesn't exist. The legislature will make it a legal privilege, and probably recognize it as a right.

The authorities don't have the "right" to come into your home, even with a warrant. They have the power to do so.

The Constitution doesn't grant any rights, it just recognizes them.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GlockFrenzy
    Top Bottom