:D

Chase515

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 29, 2011
    Oxford, In
    Here is my letter in response from rep Don LeHe

This is the response from my chain complaint from change.org.

House District15 to me

show details May 23 (5 days ago)

Christopher,
    Thank you for taking the time to contact me in regards to the recent ruling by the Indiana Supreme Court in Barnes v. State of Indiana. I certainly understand and share your concerns with this ruling.
    Before looking at the outcome of the case, it is important to note the facts. Richard Barnes had an argument with his wife, and 911 had to be called. The officers responded to the call and they found Barnes agitated and yelling. He continued to yell and did not lower his voice until the officers threatened to arrest him with disorderly conduct. Barnes then turned to enter his apartment with officers following him. However, he verbally and physically blocked their entrance. An officer tried to enter the apartment again, and Barnes shoved him against the wall and a struggle ensued.
    Since this is a recent case, it is still being dissected by criminal law experts. Common law, made by the courts, is ever evolving. It is important to remember that this ruling came from the Indiana Supreme Court, and not by way of any legislative action. Because the legislative session has come to a close for the year, no legislation could be passed to reverse the ruling at this time. As I said before, this case is still very recent and many in the law profession are still considering its ramifications. If legislation is introduced in the next legislative session that addresses or overturns the recent ruling, I will be sure to keep your concerns in mind. I take the constitution very seriously and I will do what I can to continue to protect the 4th amendment.
    Again, thank you for your communication on this matter. Feel free to contact my office in the future with additional questions.

Sincerely,
    Don Lehe
    DL: ea

Top Bottom