Sep 8, 2010
    Friday Town
    Last edited:

Redhorse

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    Like there's a difference or a separation.
    In all fairness there is because different laws affect different parts of gun rights. Certain laws affect the right to carry while others affect different portions of gun rights which creates a difference. I may appericate the fact that he supports the right to carry, but it doesn't mean I'd vote for him necessarily. It simply gives me hope that when another national reciprocity bill is introduced he'll provide bi-partisan support for it. Not that I'm going to hold my breath.

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    As I said in my post, if you disagree, feel free to try it. Go ahead and yell "bomb" on a plane and report back regarding how it went for you. Whether it relates to the 1st amendment, 2nd amendment, or 78th amendment doesn't matter - there are restrictions on what a person can say.

Next time I detect a bomb on an airplane, I certainly will. I think it will go pretty well for me.

Either way, the limitations you would put on the first amendment are not equivalent to those limits to the second amendment that you would justify. Your analogy sucks.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    In all fairness there is because different laws affect different parts of gun rights. Certain laws affect the right to carry while others affect different portions of gun rights which creates a difference. I may appericate the fact that he supports the right to carry, but it doesn't mean I'd vote for him necessarily. It simply gives me hope that when another national reciprocity bill is introduced he'll provide bi-partisan support for it. Not that I'm going to hold my breath.
    If that's your response then you have missed the entire point of my original comment. Gun rights can't be divided up. You're either for freedom or against it. There is no half-assing it.

Redhorse

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    If that's your response then you have missed the entire point of my original comment. Gun rights can't be divided up. You're either for freedom or against it. There is no half-assing it.
    No I understood your point. Unfortunately, we can't do anything about him since he's already in power (unless he gets booted out before the next election). I merely stated his stance on the right to carry is comforting. Don't think I'm now one of his supporters simply for that, it's just a minor thing to be appreciative of.

gravitas73

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2013
    With the advent of 3D printing, gun control legislation is pointless and in fact does more harm than "good".

IF the supposed targets of such legislation is criminals, then such a law will just increase demand on the black market.

Or if someone doesn't want to take the risk that the other person doing the 3rd party sale is an undercover ATF agent, then they can always make their own with a 3D printer.

So the only thing legislation like this does is effect those of us who have no intention of breaking the law and pushes those of us who do towards a future of completely untraceable weapons.

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    Has anyone sent him an anti-gun letter to compare his responses....see if he's two-faced?

I got two letters like that from Lugar a couple years back. I had written in opposition to some gun control. I think it was that HR1022 that the NRA and Brady campaign were pushing. I got a response within a couple days that said something like "I share your concerns and once voted for something similar." Then I got an "oops we made a mistake and sent you the wrong form letter" email, then another email that basically said "I share your concerns and once voted against something similar.

I'm sure Donnelly does the same thing.

SteveM4A1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 3, 2013
    Rockport
    I got two letters like that from Lugar a couple years back. I had written in opposition to some gun control. I think it was that HR1022 that the NRA and Brady campaign were pushing. I got a response within a couple days that said something like "I share your concerns and once voted for something similar." Then I got an "oops we made a mistake and sent you the wrong form letter" email, then another email that basically said "I share your concerns and once voted against something similar.

I'm sure Donnelly does the same thing.

Now really all that surprising from a politician.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    I just met Sen. Joe Donnelly, introduced myself, and told him,

that I liked SOME of the things, that he was doing .....

Told him I would be watching .....

He spoke, just like a common person,

was very pleasant, I was impressed .....

longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    Sorry Joe has to go.

I've asked for meetings with him and they never have delivered. His staff are tools and I'll leave it at that. Time to ramp up the fun.....

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    Met Senator Donnelly in a meeting face to face several years ago ... while quite personable, and I'm sure a generally nice guy ... he has to go.
    We provided logical proofs and debunked his anti-2A rights positions and thought processes and he sat there looking just a like a bobble head figure as he replied with his (standard) positions. ...

Time for a new Senator.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    I'm just wondering why any representative couldn't just, wait for it..
    REPRESENT his constituency?
    I don't care what the DNC thinks of my second amendment rights, any more than I care what the RNC thinks.
    I do care what my elected representatives think.
    And I think that if they DON'T accurately represent me, that they should be fired.
    Period.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    My wife wrote him a letter on a issue, and he responded that he agreed with what she had said and made a big play on Hoosier values and how important they are to him. Then the issue came to a vote in DC so he toed the party line and went against the position he articulated. Perhaps Hoosier values do not include integrity.

Once I am able to vote it will not be for him.

jve153

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 14, 2011
    bargersville, in
    for the next 6 years, we need to vote out EVERYONE. good, bad, or otherwise. we will lose come good with a lot of bad, but it will be worth it, eventually. fire the entire workforce. let them know we mean business. after a few elections, we will have a group of officials that understand that their employment is contingent on their constituents. it will work out nicely for a few years and then the corruption will take hold again and we will need to repeat. much better than using a rifle.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    My wife wrote him a letter on a issue, and he responded that he agreed with what she had said and made a big play on Hoosier values and how important they are to him. Then the issue came to a vote in DC so he toed the party line and went against the position he articulated. Perhaps Hoosier values do not include integrity.

Once I am able to vote it will not be for him.

Well, that's because Joe's IN values actually come from NY...where he was born. He misrepresents himself almost as much as he misrepresents the IN constituency.

Top Bottom