• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    for the next 6 years, we need to vote out EVERYONE. good, bad, or otherwise. we will lose come good with a lot of bad, but it will be worth it, eventually. fire the entire workforce. let them know we mean business. after a few elections, we will have a group of officials that understand that their employment is contingent on their constituents. it will work out nicely for a few years and then the corruption will take hold again and we will need to repeat. much better than using a rifle.

I totally agree. Been preaching this for a number of years.

Thing is, how do we clean house in the bureaucracy. The bureaucrat's that infest all of the alphabet agency's. Those people are also a cancer on the republic.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County

Thing is, how do we clean house in the bureaucracy. The bureaucrat's that infest all of the alphabet agency's. Those people are also a cancer on the republic.
    I sooooo wish we could get rid of Visclosky. Sadly, he will be in office until he either doesn't want to be or can't be any more. The drones up here keep electing him election after election.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    Well, that's because Joe's IN values actually come from NY...where he was born. He misrepresents himself almost as much as he misrepresents the IN constituency.
    Interesting. Seems you can take the boy out of New York, but you can't take New York out of the boy.

MarkC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville

Unfortunately, most voters seem to want OTHER voters to vote their own guy out. Many will readily admit that we have a problem with long-term, "homesteaded" legislators from both parties, but they will NOT vote out their own representative or senator.

For example, look at how a few thousand voters keep returning a state legislators from South Bend with a really bad hairpiece, year after year. Almost every other voter in Indiana would rather see him gone.

And I think we'd have to clean out the legislative policymakers at the federal level before having any possibility of fixing the alphabet agencies.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere

The place to win this is in the primaries...because there is no way that I am checking the D box to get someone I will disagree with 100% of the time to get rid of someone I only agree with 70% of the time. Next up...how do we get that many good people to run?

As for the bureaucracy...we are living in the tyranny of the bureaucracies. Unelected zealots who have been given the power to legislate.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Unfortunately, most voters seem to want OTHER voters to vote their own guy out. Many will readily admit that we have a problem with long-term, "homesteaded" legislators from both parties, but they will NOT vote out their own representative or senator.

For example, look at how a few thousand voters keep returning a state legislators from South Bend with a really bad hairpiece, year after year. Almost every other voter in Indiana would rather see him gone.

And I think we'd have to clean out the legislative policymakers at the federal level before having any possibility of fixing the alphabet agencies.

My conclusion is that most of these people do not see a problem with their man, just yours. For example, I am sure that people who would scream that, say, Mitch McConnell needs kicked to the curb are perfectly happy to keep right on voting for Chuck Schumer.

The place to win this is in the primaries...because there is no way that I am checking the D box to get someone I will disagree with 100% of the time to get rid of someone I only agree with 70% of the time. Next up...how do we get that many good people to run?

As for the bureaucracy...we are living in the tyranny of the bureaucracies. Unelected zealots who have been given the power to legislate.

First, the 2016 election rolled back the lid from the septic tank in a few significant ways. First, it proved that (with adequate financial resources) an outsider not handpicked by or even tolerated by either major party can in fact win. Second, it proved the ferocity with which the swamp will fight back when someone threatens to drain it. In order to get truly good candidates, we need to find a way to stop the swamp from pulverizing them on the way to the election. Unfortunately, most of the ways which come to mind are felonies.

Second, the only way I can see to solve the bureaucrat problem is a Supreme Court ruling addressing the fact that the Constitution delegates the authority to establish law to the Congress. It does NOT allow Congress to delegate that authority to others. It does not allow the renaming of a law (i.e., calling bureaucratically generated law 'regulations' rather than laws) to legitimize this unauthorized delegation of authority.

Top Bottom