• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    This.

I get restless legs syndrome sometimes in the middle of hard training blocks when I take a day off of training. It's like my legs were expecting to get worked out and they aren't happy that they got rest instead. The only thing that works is to either flex and relax my leg muscles really hard for a solid 15 minutes or go for a run.

It is not the same thing as cramps. It's a weird feeling. The best I can describe it is the polar opposite of when your leg falls asleep. I just have to activate the muscles. People that have never had it don't understand what it is.

RLS and leg cramps are totally different things....

CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    This.

I get restless legs syndrome sometimes in the middle of hard training blocks when I take a day off of training. It's like my legs were expecting to get worked out and they aren't happy that they got rest instead. The only thing that works is to either flex and relax my leg muscles really hard for a solid 15 minutes or go for a run.

It is not the same thing as cramps. It's a weird feeling. The best I can describe it is the polar opposite of when your leg falls asleep. I just have to activate the muscles. People that have never had it don't understand what it is.

Is it that feeling that wakes you up and it feels like someone is shaking the foot of the bed?

Grease

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 28, 2015
    Dirty south
    My sister, an RN, looked at my medical record and found that my blood work in May showed my iron level at 63. She said that was fine so I guess that's out.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I have fibromyalgia, and apparently RLS is one of the many issues that can come with it. With me, it's a creepy-crawly-tingly feeling mostly centered around my knees that is only relieved if I move them. Sometimes I have to "run in place" while lying in my bed.

Grease

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 28, 2015
    Dirty south
    I have fibromyalgia, and apparently RLS is one of the many issues that can come with it. With me, it's a creepy-crawly-tingly feeling mostly centered around my knees that is only relieved if I move them. Sometimes I have to "run in place" while lying in my bed.

Thats exactly how I describe the feelings in my legs.

Redtbird

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Apr 18, 2012
    Monroe County
    Just as I am starting to doze off, my right leg goes crazy. The muscle just above the knee will start "jumping" very fast and my whole leg will start bouncing. It may do this three or four times before I finally drop off to sleep. I don't get the 'creepy-crawlies' like I heard about other people.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    iSeekLight
    Top Bottom