Not open for further replies.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    At my store we have a restroom that we allow the public to use, but I know of many stores that don't. There are times I have seriously wondered why I do. We get people that stop there just to use the restroom and leave. That wouldn't bother me so much, but there have been several time that an excessive amounting of cleanup is required after some of these visits...

And this is the reason for the issue we are discussing. I have seen this trend come along over the years and also understand the reasons for it.

But if an obvios customer asks to use the facility the business should comply. A homeless freak not so much.

dbrier

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 17, 2008
    Indianapolis IN
    Yeah, it's not just gun stores. Many small local businesses don't.
    Comic book stores, pawn shops, gun shops, barbershops, etc. rarely have public restrooms.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Sheesh, now on top of providing free or discounted transfers, all the products you want to feel and touch, but buy off the internet, they need to provide restroom facilities as well? What’s next free and reduced lunches?

hpclayto

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   1
    Nov 8, 2008
    I thought this was going to be another “I have to unholster and unload my gun when I go to the bathroom” threads. Kind of disappointed.

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    Don't blame them a bit for not having one. People are incredibly disgusting. The stuff I've seen in public crap houses can't be unseen. Don't wish the cleaning on anyone or the cost of upkeep.

I don't worry about it anymore. Carrying a 5 gal bucket with a seat on it for about ten years now.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Mrs.Gungho here on the forum manages a local gas stop/convenient store. Ask her why this is a serious problem. She has some story's to share on the douchebaggery of a segment of our society.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Years ago I was told that SOP for a hold up was three people coming into the establishment, one goes to the restroom, one stands near the door, the third engages the cashier in conversation. Robbery starts when the guy in the restroom comes out.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Years ago I was told that SOP for a hold up was three people coming into the establishment, one goes to the restroom, one stands near the door, the third engages the cashier in conversation. Robbery starts when the guy in the restroom comes out.

These days the just barnstorm the store. No plan. To freaking stupid for a plan. And they will shoot you for sport.

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    The best out there is Kohl's. I've been in many of them and the restrooms are always immaculate. Too bad they don't sell firearms.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    I witnessed where a dude had pooed in the hand dryer he turned the spout upside down and pooed in it.
    Plus the amount of needles from drug heads and finding people sleeping in them has made the public rest room a rare item.

I think the old school outside restrooms where they gave you the key attached to a spare tire is the way to go?

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Locally, our McDonald's have the cleanest, nicest rest rooms around. Not just metal stall partitions, but stalls with actual full walls and doors. When I was working, there were mornings when my commute was interrupted by the need for a quick, clean, and private restroom, and the McDonald's was about midway between home and work, so it became my go-to. I usually picked up a cup of coffee as 'rent'.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Locally, our McDonald's have the cleanest, nicest rest rooms around. Not just metal stall partitions, but stalls with actual full walls and doors. When I was working, there were mornings when my commute was interrupted by the need for a quick, clean, and private restroom, and the McDonald's was about midway between home and work, so it became my go-to. I usually picked up a cup of coffee as 'rent'.
    That is what I always do if I have to go on the road. Stop at a McD's and then get a cup of coffee to cover my usage.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I have been annyoed numerous times by businesses that don't have facilities for public use..especially when out with kids.
    However as the director of facilities for our church, I have started taking a different look at this. It is amazing how filthy some people can be and the messes they make. Keeping a public restroom clean can be a chore and I bet it's why so many smaller stores don't offer public facilities

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    They would have to be an EXCEPTIONAL range for me to go back, and even then.....I'd probably pass up the opportunity. Absolutely no respect or consideration for the people who will pay their bills.

Do they have a dark corner you can use?

BTW, I have never been to a range that does nor offer bathroom facilities.

I guess I never really thought about it but it seems like more gun stores I've been to haven't had restrooms compared to those that do. Many of the larger ranges do, but gun sales only? Most do not.

Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville
    I do not get the reasoning behind not having a bathroom for your guests.

Because some people are pigs, pee and poop on the seat and floor, toilets constantly clogged with tampons and excessive paper.
    You gotta love the guy in front of you that use the toilet and pee's all over it, because he has wiener issues and will not pee in the urinal 5 ft away....
    Did I say some people are pigs?

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Because some people are pigs, pee and poop on the seat and floor, toilets constantly clogged with tampons and excessive paper.
    Did I say some people are pigs?
    Yup. I taught at a college campus where it was more convenient to use the student restrooms than the faculty facility down the hall. Tampons, pads, paper towels, and DIAPERS in the toilets, and the things I saw smeared on the walls would turn your stomach.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    So, to sum it all up. The INGO LGS

1. Free and reduced fee transfers
    2. Stock to fondle prior to internet purchase
    3. Pricing at or below dealer cost for those can’t wait on the internet purchases
    4. Gun safes or vaults for the stock to keep criminals from being criminals
    5. Restrooms provided
    6. Free coffee, in the customer lounge, with satellite television.
    7. Free range use, no ammo restrictions, and first two gun rentals free

Did I miss anything, or should anything be added? Perhaps an IKEA style lunch counter?

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom