• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

ultra...good

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    Some of you people have never had a job that included cleaning public restrooms in your responsibilities.

INGO: "Damn kids these days are a bunch of entitled brats!"

Also INGO: "I won't shop at a gun store without a bathroom because I'm an adult who can't hold his peepees and poopoos long enough to buy a gun"

Hell, I'm only 33 and I remember as a kid having to hold it because the grocery store didn't even have a public restroom.

Pretty sure it is code now that when a new commercial building is constructed, they must include public bathrooms. I cannot remember the last time I was in a newer commercial building where there were not public bathrooms. Older ones, sure.

I own a commercial building that I clean the bathrooms for. 2 public, men's and women's and 1 private. They are never really that bad, but every now and again. Some people are disgusting. Seems that pubic bathrooms get worse the further south one travels. I have been in some that I wanted to hose off the bottoms of my shoes so I was not dragging it back into my vehicle with and getting it on the carpet.

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    Man, must be slow times on ingo if people are going to sit around and whine they can't go tinkle anytime/place they want.

ultra...good

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    Have you seen the health and building codes for public restrooms? I don't blame a small business one iota for avoiding that mess. **** is expensive.
    Re-did my building 3 years ago, had to bring both men's and women's up to ADA compliant. Still to date, not one person has rolled foot into the building in a wheel chair.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Re-did my building 3 years ago, had to bring both men's and women's up to ADA compliant. Still to date, not one person has rolled foot into the building in a wheel chair.
    Not all handicapped-stall-users are in wheelchairs. The higher seats and grab bars are a godsend to people with arthritis and other "invisible" mobility issues.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Say No to my bathroom request and this is me in your parking lot out front!!!

There are other places you can use a public rest room. Small shops do not owe you the right to use their employee rest room, and leaving your DNA in the parking lot just because you think they do is both childish and against the law..

ultra...good

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    Not all handicapped-stall-users are in wheelchairs. The higher seats and grab bars are a godsend to people with arthritis and other "invisible" mobility issues.
    Yeah, I get it. However, the ADA compliance is deigned for people IN WHEELCHAIRS. Would you like to see the blue prints and extra costs because of this? A few extra grab rails for the fat and lazy is not a problem. ADA compliant is a whole new ball game dear.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I think (and I could be mistaken) that the only businesses required to provide public restrooms are places that serve food (as in restaurants and bars). There may be other requirements too, but most small retail shops (like shoe stores and clothing stores in the malls, etc.) usually don't have public restrooms. Now the bigger ones (department stores), like Kohl's, Walmart, Meijer, etc, do, but I don't know if that's by law or just company policy. I've noticed that bait shops down by Lake Monroe don't have them either.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Yeah, I get it. However, the ADA compliance is deigned for people IN WHEELCHAIRS. Would you like to see the blue prints and extra costs because of this? A few extra grab rails for the fat and lazy is not a problem. ADA compliant is a whole new ball game dear.
    Wow. Could you be more insulting and condescending? It's a rhetorical question, dear; you don't have to answer.

I am aware that there is much more involved with ADA compliance than grab bars and toilets. My point is that even though you may not have seen anyone in a wheelchair use your facilities, you probably have helped a lot of people. However, that seems to be way down on your list of priorities.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom