• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    I occasionally carry my Glock 19 or 23 in my IWB holster with no shirt over the top. When I'm fine with OC, I'm thinking that I should just get a OWB holster for this. I think some form of retention in an OC holster is prudent.

I know about the Serpa. What other retention holster do folks like?

turnerdye1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    North Central IN
    I use a GCode XST with a spring assisted thumb hood. Its bulky and doesnt conceal at all.... So if you wanna OC this is definetly gonna be for OC. Its very secure though.

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    Palmetto has serpas for 17.99 shipped. That's a steal IMHO.

I'm seeing 19.99. Unfortunately, it is for the paddle. I'm not a big fan of the paddle, for security. Although for $20, I might get one to store the pistol in, so I can drop in the pants rapidly in the middle of the night. Hmmm.

Edit: Seeing $17.99 with a 10% discount in the cart. Cool.

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    Depends on the level of retention you are looking for. For a lot of people, a strap that snaps over the back of the gun will work. Others want a level 3. Most major holster manufacturers make leather/kydex versions of all three levels.
    The highest level I have ever used is a '2'. My current OWB holster is a Galco belt 'slide'(level 1, or 'friction retention'). I can turn the holster upside down with my Glock 19 in it and it doesn't fall out.

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 18, 2010
    I would go for the Safariland ALS, I believe the 6377 is the belt type version of the holster.

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I occasionally carry my Glock 19 or 23 in my IWB holster with no shirt over the top. When I'm fine with OC, I'm thinking that I should just get a OWB holster for this. I think some form of retention in an OC holster is prudent.

I know about the Serpa. What other retention holster do folks like?

I have ONE issue with leather holsters (and some plastic ones like Serpa's too) that have a retention screw. that screw wreaks havoc on leather seats in your auto. My Serpa also marred up my leather seat.

My latest leather holster doesn't have a retention screw, it does have a thumb break. It doesn't bother my seats.

Top Bottom