• ...and so much more!
  • Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Better not give an interview - they'll evict you for not having running water... You know any place not 'on the grid' is uninhabitable right?
    I'd have running water. Solar or wind powered pumps and a well. Off the grid doesn't mean back in time completely. I just mean I don't need power or services from outsiders

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    I'd have running water. Solar or wind powered pumps and a well. Off the grid doesn't mean back in time completely. I just mean I don't need power or services from outsiders
    I was making a joke about the lady that is being evicted from her house for 'living off the grid'. Maybe you haven't seen that thread or maybe I'm just terrible at making jokes.

drop45

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2012
    My empire of dirt
    I retired at 44 so I'm a little upset with you, haha. I got bored after 2 years and started rehabing houses, two down working on my third. you'll grow old quick if you dont find something to do, I think.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I would love to do something like this.
    Who is the Route 29 Batman? This guy. - Michael Rosenwald - The Washington Post

BATMAN-%20HO-07_1332953400.jpg

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    Part of it was working at 150% since the day I turned 18 (60+ hour weeks), part of it was investing well (buying up defense contractors pre-9/11, shorting leamon brothers all the way down, etc), and part of it was being in the right place at the right time in a field where money never makes sense (IT... I hate it with a passion, but you can make big money big fast).

Thank y'all for your good advise. Already have the woman but she mostly pays her own way. Love the idea of just buying a motercycle and taking off, though in my case I think ill end up buying a boat. Can do a lot of sailing in the Caribbean afterall...

Buying defense contractors pre-911? And you're 28? That would have made you 16 at the time... did you have help in doing so?

The reason I ask I'm very close in age and I didn't know squat about the stock market or any of that stuff at the time 9-11 went down... did you have a parent etc coaching you through? I am on my way to being financially solid. Only thing left is my mortgage and I'm within a few years of knocking that down to nothing. Similar situation to yours. Take a job overseas where you're working 90 hr weeks with hazard/hardship pay and the money stacks up quickly.

Last edited:

Tnichols00

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 24, 2012
    Columbia City
    I would find a hobby that brings in a little income, maybe reload and sell, the orders will keep you busy everyday. Buy some hunting land and keep the grounds then maybe rent it to INGO members, something to that effect. Find your passion and make it keep you busy.

Top Bottom