• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    When mom passed away in 2009, the four of us kids had to go through her stuff to get the house ready to rent, and we found quite a few of the S+H green stamps. That really brought back a lot of memories from when I was a kid. There was a store in Jeffersonville, I think it was a Woolworth, that had all kinds of cool toys, comic books, and even a soda fountain. That place just seemed magical back then. Thanks for posting!

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I remember when my dad turned 40 and thinking how old that was, unfortunately I turned that a few years ago and now know how young that is :D.

If I can just convince my wife to read that "good wife rules", ah the good old days :D

Hey, I have that...

Lemme tell ya, folks: Having a good wife TOTALLY rules. ;)

Blessings,
    Bill

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    My wife's great aunt turned 100 this last 2/29 and we went to Des Moines to celebrate her 25th birthday. There were a half dozen large poster boards with pictures from her life. It was amazing how many of those pictures look just like the ones in the link, but just a little different.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    when i was looking for a house to buy about 5 years ago, i looked at one that had a kitchen that was original to the '50s. it would have fit right in with those pictures. i felt as if i was in a tex avery "kitchen of tomorrow" cartoon. we didn't end up buying that house, but i did find that kitchen very appealing. the wife would have loved putting an apron over her dress and heels and fixing me dinner in that kitchen.

Yes, it's an old thread........................ it's a RETRO thread afterall.......... I'm not trying to get 50 posts....... :D

Tex Avery has to be my all time favorite cartoons from my childhood........... Here is one of the absolute best in its original untarnished glory.
    I just watched it again and I'm still cracking up many decades later.

Tex Avery - Magical Maestro 1952 on Vimeo

hoosierdaddy1976

I Can't Believe it's not Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 17, 2011
    newton county
    Yes, it's an old thread........................ it's a RETRO thread afterall.......... I'm not trying to get 50 posts....... :D

Tex Avery has to be my all time favorite cartoons from my childhood........... Here is one of the absolute best in its original untarnished glory.

absolutely loved this one as a kid, too! plucking the dancing hair had me rolling the first time i saw it.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    Yow! every image is very familiar to me. I didn't have actual beetles boots, but I did have standard matador's boots with Cuban heels. And a London Fog trench-coat. This was WAY before that made you a terrorist!

Brian Ski

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2014
    Michiana
    Among other things, we had a clock like the one pictured. I kinda remember it!

My grandparents had a similar clock. It was in their living room. When my Grandmother moved in with my Aunt we placed it on the wall in their basement. My Grandparents had a double stove, like what is in the memories link. Interesting what you remember, a few years ago my Grandmother's wringer washer died. Guessing it was a chipped gear. The guy at Sears (IIRC) said they can still special order wringer washers. I guess they are still being made.

Anyone still remember the Kmart subs in the long plastic bags??? The six pack sandwiches???

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009

I do remember this and I have to admit that it still make me chuckle when I watched it after all these years. Brilliant.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    43? Two years ago? I could almost call JetGirl "young lady". Been looking forward to adding terms like that to my vocabulary when I turn 50. I've always loved the MCM houses and Eames etc. furnishings. My house is kinda sorta MCM-ish and I'd ultimately like to furnish it mostly in Eames-ish stuff.

Top Bottom