• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hammerd13

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 20, 2015
    Hamilton County
    Great weekend for sure! I thoroughly enjoyed it and, as always, learned some valuable information.

I really appreciate our gracious hosts/sponsors (Alan, Mae, and family). They opened their arms to many unfamiliar faces for what turned out to be a fantastic weekend.

Big thanks to ALL the volunteers that made this Revere's Riders event so enjoyable. Their planning and preparation made it a very effective and efficient learning opportunity for like-minded Americans! So fun to see the younger folks learning and performing...soaking up all the history and essential Rifleman skills.

Thank you and HUZZAH!!

- Darrell

jve153

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 14, 2011
    bargersville, in
    I have had a bit to reflect on this past weekend. Lesson number one, life happens. Unfortunately, I got called in to work and had to miss all the instruction on saturday. Luckily, I have been to a few of these types of shoots before, but going over it all again NEVER hurts. Having the fundamentals pounded into your head for a day will always help.
    Sunday was a great day for putting holes in paper. The instructors did a great job with a quick refresher of saturday's lessons and then moving the day forward. The qualifier is a tough target to master. One of the shooters showed his mastery of that target sunday, (I remember your face, but cannot place your name, if you are here, well done, sir!) by only missing 2 shots on 4 qualifiers. That is impressive. That is some serious focus right there. this is something that I realized I lack more than ever sunday as my 2nd and 3rd targets were nowhere on the level of my first. This lesson in and of itself was enough to make the weekend worthwhile.
    These fundamentals WORK. there is no question in my mind, or any of minds of those that spend the weekend of that firing line. After attending one of these shoots, you will be a better shooter with a rifle. The fundamentals are too sound, the instructors are too passionate about passing on their knowledge of the craft for there to be any other result.
    The history. I have heard this story quite a few times, and it still gives me chills. I sadly had to miss the history on saturday, but getting to hear the stories of the dangerous old men and women who got out of bed and decided to make history instead of whatever other plans they had that day always leaves me with a sense of amazement.
    To the instructors, thank you for a great weekend. Thank you for giving up your time to help lead me on the path to being a better shooter and person in general. These events really help to remind me of what is really important.
    To Alan and his family, thank you for having us. My wife would have made me the first target of the day had i brought that many people over to the house to shoot for 2 days straight.
    To the shooters, I am honored to have shared the firing line with such a great group of people.

Rayne

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Former Tree Sniper
    JV, the humble man in the post above yours is who shot two perfect scores of 50 along with two scores of 49. If I remember correctly you were right behind him with a 48.

SteelersFan

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Muncie
    Just want to think the hosts and all the instructors. My 6 year old son came along and they helped him so much. He had a great time and is still talking about "the old man who was shot in the face and stabbed but was still trying to fight". He also keeps asking about when we are getting his rifle for his new scope. I learned a lot and that I have a lot to work on. I'm looking forward to attending another event in the future.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    To Alan and his family, thank you for having us. My wife would have made me the first target of the day had i brought that many people over to the house to shoot for 2 days straight.

Mae loves these shoots. We enjoy doing out best to make everyone feel at home in/at our home.

Mae likes these shoots so much that when I was listening to history in the shop, she decided to host another shoot at our place and started working up details with staff without my knowledge. I think ill keep her.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Mae loves these shoots. We enjoy doing out best to make everyone feel at home in/at our home.

Mae likes these shoots so much that when I was listening to history in the shop, she decided to host another shoot at our place and started working up details with staff without my knowledge. I think ill keep her.

She is a keeper my friend. For sure.

Crocodator

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jul 6, 2012
    Hancock County
    Thank you to our hosts and to all the volunteer instructors! My boys and I had a fantastic time together, both hearing about our nation's history and learning fundamentals of marksmanship. I have never had any formal training beyond an NRA basic pistol class and my sons haven't had any formal training at all, so we all three came home happy with our improvement. The boys and I are also committed to earning that fancy Marksman patch sometime soon!

I am fairly new to this whole world, and I'll be honest that I was nervous about coming out to an event like this with people we don't know. I am so glad that we took the plunge and did it though - every single person there was patient with us newbies and encouraging even though we were starting at zero. I cannot say enough how impressed I was with the instructors who went above and beyond to teach us one step after another.

Alan, you and your family were also wonderful hosts to all of us. I thought we had a pretty open house with people coming and going all the time, but I think your hospitality is on a whole other level!

Thanks to everyone, and I look forward to seeing you all at a shoot in the future.

Dave (and Curtis and Trevor)

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Thank you to our hosts and to all the volunteer instructors! My boys and I had a fantastic time together, both hearing about our nation's history and learning fundamentals of marksmanship. I have never had any formal training beyond an NRA basic pistol class and my sons haven't had any formal training at all, so we all three came home happy with our improvement. The boys and I are also committed to earning that fancy Marksman patch sometime soon!

I am fairly new to this whole world, and I'll be honest that I was nervous about coming out to an event like this with people we don't know. I am so glad that we took the plunge and did it though - every single person there was patient with us newbies and encouraging even though we were starting at zero. I cannot say enough how impressed I was with the instructors who went above and beyond to teach us one step after another.

Alan, you and your family were also wonderful hosts to all of us. I thought we had a pretty open house with people coming and going all the time, but I think your hospitality is on a whole other level!

Thanks to everyone, and I look forward to seeing you all at a shoot in the future.

Dave (and Curtis and Trevor)
    I had the pleasure of shooting next to Trevor all weekend. I was worried that my AR would bother him, asked him several times and he never complained. Seemed like a nice young man who was having a lot of fun!

Crocodator

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jul 6, 2012
    Hancock County
    He had a great time shooting next to you! Plus, he got the free benefit of learning how to stay focused and shoot accurately with an AR barking about two feet from his head. Since he is thinking about a career in the Air Force, I'm calling that a perk.

Top Bottom