• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheJoker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 9, 2010
    Shelby County
    I am very much looking forward to this weekend.

When I visited the CMP South Store a few weeks ago, I picked up some bling(CMP Hat, CMP playing cards and CMP keychain) that I'd like to toss into the prize kitty as well.

Oh, and an awesome FN t-shirt from the NRA Convention for "Burly Man Who Drinks From Dented Can"!

Let's all pray that the weather gods smile upon us!

See ya'all tomorrow in Liberty.

"Liberty, when it begins to take root, is a plant of rapid growth." -George Washington

308jake

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Brownsburg
    I am very much looking forward to this weekend.

When I visited the CMP South Store a few weeks ago, I picked up some bling(CMP Hat, CMP playing cards and CMP keychain) that I'd like to toss into the prize kitty as well.

Oh, and an awesome FN t-shirt from the NRA Convention for "Burly Man Who Drinks From Dented Can"!

Let's all pray that the weather gods smile upon us!

See ya'all tomorrow in Liberty.

"Liberty, when it begins to take root, is a plant of rapid growth." -George Washington

I'll be there about the time the First Strike starts. Who doesn't love shooting in the rain?

Notalentbum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 12, 2013
    Indy westside
    We may be 5 or 10 minutes late. Somehow my wife found a tire and wheel laying in the middle of I-70. It got stuck underneath her SUV. It took me a while to jack it up to get it out from under it. We are rolling again though.
    Surprisingly, there was a ford truck about 2 miles down the road missing its right rear wheel. I considered letting him know we found one but when we hit it, it destroyed the aluminum rim.

Matt

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    There was a bit of mud on the ground, but all-in-all, I'm convinced that the weather this weekend is proof that God is looking out for Riflemen.
    Us campers took all that the weather had to offer on Saturday night. I thought for sure we were going to end up in another county. But I'm glad all the nasty weather happened over night and not during the day. Otherwise, a very good weekend with excellent hosts and instructors.

indygunguy

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    110   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    NE Side of Indy
    Big thanks to Mae, Tinkerbell, and Destiny for hosting this event. Their hospitality is top notch, and really made everyone feel like part of the family.

Alan - Thanks for giving away about a zillion dollars worth of sweet Vortex stuff. Seeing an 8 year old boy win a $650 scope in front of a room full of jealous adults was pretty great.

I'm hoping someone posts some pics up soon. This was a terrific event!

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    Big thanks to Mae, Tinkerbell, and Destiny for hosting this event. Their hospitality is top notch, and really made everyone feel like part of the family.

Alan - Thanks for giving away about a zillion dollars worth of sweet Vortex stuff. Seeing an 8 year old boy win a $650 scope in front of a room full of jealous adults was pretty great.

I'm hoping someone posts some pics up soon. This was a terrific event!

Everyone gave Tinkerbell the weekend of her lifetime. I know she missed Grunt soldier, but everyone else made up for it.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Big thanks goes out to everyone. Our hosts were spectacular, it felt just like being at home. The food was awesome, Mae! Thank you very much. To the instructors, I really appreciate everything you guys do and everything you helped me out with this weekend. I went in with an open mind willing to learn as I've never had any formal instruction, I learned a TON! I am looking forward to putting everything I learned into practice and helping others as I go along.

I hope Paul makes it home safely.

I will be seeing you all on the line again.

Thanks, Jon aka "scarecrow" "one of those AR shooters" ;)

Notalentbum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 12, 2013
    Indy westside
    Cindy and I both had a great time all weekend. Cindy sort of hit her wall Sunday after lunch. She's got two new knees and still some issues with a badly burned foot that has slowed her down a bit the last couple years. She was a bit disappointed in her shooting performance even though she did better than I did at my first Appleseed a few years ago. I think she'll be ready for another one before the end of the summer!
    I think this was my fifth basic rifle class between RR and AS. I finally got my marksman patch and through the day I know I got very close to acing all four sections at some point. Now I just have to work on consistency and putting those all on one target.
    Much thanks to Rayne and Molly for helping Cindy through the weekend as I know I'm not the one to be teaching her. She appreciated all the one on one assistance.
    I also thought Rayne did a fantastic job of demoing the different positions with several tips and suggestions to help our shooting that I had not heard before. I know a couple of those tips aided me getting my patch this weekend.
    TJ and the rest of the crew ran the day very smoothly which made the experience all the better. Thank you for all the efforts of the instructors.
    Lastly, many thanks to Alan and his wife for hosting this party of gun nuts at their home. I'm sure many of us were thinking that their home was pretty close to many of our dream homes!

Looking forward to the next event, Matt

Top Bottom