• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    Don't agree with melensdad his head is already big enough it may explode. I took my belt on a 12 hr road trip and it has been very comfortable so far. No side/back issues while carrying. Y no one ever told me tp get a gun belt before is beyond me. I blame melensdad for that. Lol

:nono: LIAR! LIAR! I clearly told you when I prepped you for your first (and only ... so far) Steel Plate Match a couple years ago that you should get a gun belt ... even if you didn't plan on getting involved with competition. I not only tell you to get a belt, I told you WHY you should get one too!

Why are you blaming others for your not reading and listening when folks have said time and time again on here to get a GUNBELT?? :dunno:

Are you one of those sheeple that run around with blinders on all the time? Lmao!! :laugh:

This^^^ :yesway:

Daltech Force

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2012
    Yes give it a once over! Check the screws for tightness every once in a while on any belt that uses them but they are really strong fasteners. Give them a drop of the blue Loctite if you want. Over the long haul Super BioBelt never stretches due to internal nylon mesh so that will not be realized for years down the road.

Daltech Force

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2012
    Does any one knows a company that does testing for strength properties? I am interested in paying a company to do different tests on our leather and BioBelts to determine breaking points, tensile strength, and just overall testing to determine how different belts stand up to each other...I just thought it would be cool stuff to know about our belts.

mammynun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    New Albany
    Does any one knows a company that does testing for strength properties? I am interested in paying a company to do different tests on our leather and BioBelts to determine breaking points, tensile strength, and just overall testing to determine how different belts stand up to each other...I just thought it would be cool stuff to know about our belts.

Let me ask around, I used to work for a company that had to get nylon rigging systems rated and I'm sure they'll know.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    So do ALL leather belts stretch? I love my Amish Belt still after a couple months, and it still has the vertical stiffness to keep my holster secure, but it seems as if it has stretched horizontally.. (or the scale is lying and I HAVE lost weight) lol

Perhaps a nylon belt is in my future, once the funds are available that is..

Bubbajms

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Delphi, IN
    Nylon (like webbing) - I've felt like mine have stretched some as well. My Liger has NOT, nor has it changed shape at all, like many leather belts do after extensive wear. One day I'll see about getting one of these SuperBIO Belts to see if they work the same way..

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    BUBBAjms, Send me an email and I will send you our Super BIOBELT. I'd like to get your opinion on it vs. Liger

Nylon (like webbing) - I've felt like mine have stretched some as well. My Liger has NOT, nor has it changed shape at all, like many leather belts do after extensive wear. One day I'll see about getting one of these SuperBIO Belts to see if they work the same way..

LYHTSPD

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 29, 2010
    Near Evansville
    A few INGOers and I were lucky enough to receive ours last week. I've always been interested in a biothane belt (like your Liger) and this one is certainly interesting. Initial impressions are quite positive.

I'll have a full report up once I get more time with it.

I was able to snag one of these Biobelts for review. I have not been able to get back on INGO much, but I will give a quick and dirty review of it for now.

This is my first gun belt, so take all this info with that in mind. I first got the belt about 2 weeks ago and was impressed with the belt right out of the package. It is a beefy belt, and seems very well built. The buckle hardware is very stout, and is held in place with Chicago screws. FYI, Chicago screws are also called sex bolts. No kidding. The buckle has a nice nickel finish and is heavy enough to take it off and beat someone with it, if the need arises. The prong on the buckle seems to bind up a bit on mine, but that is not a huge issue once the buckle is fastened. The roller on the buckle makes it easy to pull the belt through to fasten it.

The belt material itself is very interesting. This is some TOUGH material! IT feels and looks a lot like leather, and even has the stitching lines molded into it. I say molded, because from what I can tell this is a type of molded rubber material over an internal webbing of some sort. The outer material is slightly soft to the touch. The nice thing about it is that is does not mar when scratched or rubbed. I have even taken a small flat head screwdriver and tried to scrape off material. Nothing came off, but it did leave an indention in the material. I even bit the end of the belt to see if it left any marks. :n00b: Only my incisors left a little dent, and I bit down hard. I am not really sure why I felt the need to bite this thing. :dunno:

The belt itself seems to hold it shape very well and will hold open the waist of my pant on its own. There is also very little rotational flex in the belt. I have only had a chance to carry with this belt a couple of times with a FOBUS paddle holster, but it seems to have held up just fine and did not feel the weight of my Taurus 24/7 at all. I have been wearing this belt everyday for the past 2 weeks, and it has held up great. Just in everyday wear, it is a huge improvement over my department store belt.

I am not sure what kind of pictures you guys would want to see, but I can take some if you like.

Overall, I am impressed with this belt. I think it would be a great EDC belt, and I know it will outlast any other belt I have ever had. :twocents:

ryan3030

Master
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    Indy
    I agree with your evaluation of the Beltman belt. I love mine, it's 2-layer with the internal polymer stiffener.

I've started wearing it every day since I changed jobs recently. Lets see how well it holds up :)

jjlaughner

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Apr 19, 2010
    Brownsburg
    I might take you up on that. Can I get another ride in the Fiero?

Awesome! Keep us updated!

I have a Fiero GT, it does surprisingly well in the snow! haha

I'm on wilderness belt (poly, 5stich) #2, only because I out grew the first one.
    Thinking about the Beltman belt for work (dress pants).

Thanks for another great write up!

Last edited:

CENTURION1945

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2012
    Now you started it. :laugh: About to have 20,000 requests to borrow a gun belt.
    Best regards for all you. This is my first post, so let me say that I get 4 BULLHIDE DRESS BELTS (2 38 size for my son and 2 40 size for myself, black and brown) in the past 2-3 months from Daltechforce. They are a fraction over 3/16" thick, marked 12 ounces leather, quite stiff for gun carry (S&W M19-4" plus 2 speedloaders and cellphone), and with an excellent finish, solid brass buckle. I have some experience with belts, my collection: 2 Triple K Garrisson type (not bad), 2 Boston Leather 6582 (some rough leather) and 2 Carharts Journeyman (chinese garbage). The prices at Daltechforce are really the best and the customer service is exccellent with a very fast answer: I bother a lot before to order. They also have a 14 ounces 1/4" thick belt and double layers too, but that is too much for my suit pants. Of course you can pay almost the double at the Beltman and Galco for the same quality. I hope help the persons interested in this topic.

Roscoe38

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 7, 2010
    Gun Belt

I've been wearing a Belt Man for over a year now.. Hasn't lost any stiffness yet. Goes well with all types of Trouser.

Top Bottom